Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

class="prefix prefixSkyBlue">Need Feedback RFC - Font Size

Discussion in 'AstronomyConnect Feedback and Suggestions' started by george, Aug 15, 2016.

RFC - Font Size

Started by george on Aug 15, 2016 at 1:37 PM

9 Replies 2837 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. george

george Developer

Hi All,

We are currently working updating the design and home page along with other parts of the site and I wanted to see if I could get your feedback and comments on this particular subject. I wanted to find out how you guys are finding font size on the site.

Do you guys feel it is adequate or are you looking for a larger font size?

Are there areas on the site that could a larger font size then what is currently set? Such as buttons or Navigation.

Does the font size scale properly for mobile? Would you like it to be larger?

Any feedback on this matter would be extremely helpful for our upcoming design revision.

Thanks again for all your contributions.

-George

2. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

It's alright by me, but you should defer to those who request that it be enlarged so everyone is good with it.

Dave

3. george

george Developer

Basically it has come up in internal discussion that font size on some elements is too small I just wanted to see if there was anybody else who may have the same feedback.

4. Luling_Skies

Luling_Skies Member

The answer to such questions depends on the device one uses to read the forum. I typically read the forum on a 17" laptop and the font size is fine, even without my glasses. However when I read on my iPhone the font is tiny, but then the text on pretty much all websites is tiny on the iPhone.

Tim

5. george

george Developer

Thanks Tim, for the feedback. The mobile responsive view will definately get some attention in general but specifically we need to address the font size on mobile. May I ask which iPhone you have and the current version of the OS?

6. Luling_Skies

Luling_Skies Member

George, I use an iPhone 6 running IOS 9.3.4

george likes this.
  7. george

george Developer

Mobile in general there is still an issue with sizing. When we basically rolled out this theme we just didn't want it to be completely broken on mobile. But we know that mobile needs some TLC in terms of object resizing and navigation element sizes.

8. aeajr

aeajr Well-Known Member

I read this forum on my desktop most of the time and the font is fine. Don't recall ever viewing it on my phone.

9. Joe I

Joe I New Member

I've read the forum on a number of devices (desktop PC, Surface Pro, iPhone 6S+) and do not have a problem with the font sizes. Like @george mentioned, there's some element sizing issues on mobile, but as far as reading posts goes I think it is fine.

10. george

george Developer

Thanks for the feedback all, it is much appreciated :)