Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

if I ever have an out of body experience...

Discussion in 'General Astronomy Chat' started by squeege3000, Sep 5, 2018.

if I ever have an out of body experience...

Started by squeege3000 on Sep 5, 2018 at 5:51 PM

43 Replies 5170 Views 3 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. squeege3000

squeege3000 Well-Known Member

If I ever have an out of body experience, I would like it to be something like this! out of body.jpg

jgroub, PXR-5 and Dave In Vermont like this.
  2. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

If you are actually being serious about facilitating a so-called OBE, there are some quite serious texts on helping one refine the innate abilities to that end. From techniques to exercises to aide in (re) developing this skill.

A theory that makes a lot more sense about this field-of-endeavor is that before Humans developed languages to communicate with, simple telepathy was needed for survival. If around the rise at the top of the path there was a Lion who'd been eating Humans in your tribe, how would you warn others? Simple telepathy was an ancient and survival-linked necessity. With the development of language & speech, it wasn't needed and became like an atrophied muscle. And like such, it can be within the realm of possibilities to re-activate it.

Mezmo

Nebula likes this.
  3. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

The Beatles gave their OBE's back if I recall correctly.

Although didn't Macca accept a knighthood?

4. Dave In Vermont

They were off fawning over a fake guru as I recall. Maharishi Signyourchecktome or something. It's Tibetan Yoga that I'm familiar with. And have used in my studies. With some quite positive results I might add.

5. squeege3000

i was highlighting the telescope part of the experience!

6. Mak the Night

Yeah, you gotta watch out for those fake gurus. And fake fakirs for that matter.

7. Mak the Night

Probably difficult to manipulate the slo mo from the astral plane lol. Nice scope though.

8. Dave In Vermont

Space travel in an OBE is quite possible, but as it defies Einstein's space v. time - it can yield unpredictable outcomes! :p

Yes - that is a nice-looking(!) refractor! What variety is it?

9. Mak the Night

I don't know, it all depends if you can travel faster than light astrally I reckon.

Looks like a big Celestron.

10. squeege3000

I picked up one of each, Celestron 102gt and 90gt. the pic is of the 90gt, but with a custom extension to raise goto mount higher. Celestron designed these scopes to NOT be able to point straight up! They are zenophobic! Anyway, they both are now very enjoyable to use

Dave In Vermont likes this.
  11. Mak the Night

I thought it was around 120mm, the length must have fooled me, all my fracs are short lol.

12. Dave In Vermont

Same here. I thought it could be up to a 127mm. Whatever - looks like a nice refractor.

13. Mak the Night

Yeah, the dew shield makes it look bigger as well.

14. kevan hubbard

kevan hubbard Well-Known Member

If I recall there is a link twixt out of the body experiences and astronomy/space exploration in that in the early 70s ingo swann (or swan seem to recall two nn's)claimed to have visited Jupiter just months before pioneer 10 got there and indeed he painted a picture of it.swann was part of a secret occult section that the CIA is said to have dabbled in using remote viewing to look at Russian sites, no need for Gary powers to have been shot down in his u2 then?!

15. Mak the Night

I think Gary Powers was run over by a Mack truck driven by Ingo Swann in the astral whilst listening to Pink Floyd.

16. squeege3000

My recollection of remote viewing was in the 90's, and revolved around comet Hale Bopp. The "viewers" claimed to be able to see the companion hiding in the tail of the comet.

17. Dave In Vermont

That would be Project MKULTRA, Kevan. MK being MIND KONTROL (They were originally trained by Nazi Intelligence the US grabbed before the Russian's got them at the end of WWII). They also gobbled gobs of LSD25.

18. Mak the Night

MKULTRA?

19. kevan hubbard

kevan hubbard Well-Known Member

There's a book about it 'men who stare at goats',the USSR had a similar programme in Leningrad. If I recall swann was asked to visit Jupiter prior to pioneer 10 getting in close and swann painted a picture of Jupiter similar to what pioneer 10 later saw but there where significant differences. Most likely astral projection is similar to trance states,like sleep paralysis, and an inner world is generated although I remain pretty open minded on such things. I've undergone sleep paralysis about twenty time in my life and it certainly feels like another malevolent consciousness is there,pretty unpleasant. Mk ultra involved testing psychotic drugs like LSD on willing and unwilling subjects as far as I know it was not concerned with developing psychic powers but more as to how psychotic drugs could be used to manipulate people?Jupiter was first seen up close by pioneer 10 and 11,along with Saturn, they long since crossed the orbits of Uranus and Neptune but didn't examine those worlds,however Jupiter is big and humans have always,since telescopes where invented, have had a fair knowledge of what it looks like,so swann could easily have painted it from pictures he'd seen.

20. Mak the Night