Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Orion Nebula

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Ed D, Dec 2, 2018.

Orion Nebula

Started by Ed D on Dec 2, 2018 at 9:07 AM

4 Replies 931 Views 3 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

FINALLY! A pretty decent deep sky image from a White, Bortle 9 zone. Then again, this one is pretty bright and cuts through the LP well. I'm happy with it.

In this imaging session I used my Baader Neodymium filter. It seemed to help some images, like this one. My filter is 1.25". I mounted a T-Thread to 1.25" adapter to my camera, mounted the filter to it, then used a short extension tube to reach focus. I could not detect any vignetting in any of my exposures.

Ed D

Orion Nebula 2018 12-01 JPG.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    stepping beyond, Seer and Orion25 like this.
  2. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

Beautiful work, Ed, especially for a Bortle 9 zone. Soon, I'll take my annual M42 image. I haven't tried any filters on it yet, so, maybe that will be a new edge for me this time around.

3. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

Thanks, Reggie. I have a DGM NPB filter that passes Ha that I want to try. Maybe I can get more pronounced red in the nebula. Won't know until I try.

Ed

4. stepping beyond

stepping beyond Well-Known Member

Good image , I've haven't had a good year Ed . I haven't had the chance to shoot on m42 yet , but it's one of my favorite nebulae to image.

5. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

Thanks, SB. Weather in the East Coast has been consistently bad, and opportunities have been few. Looking forward to your M42 images.

Ed D