Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Welcome to AstronomyConnect!

Discussion in 'AstronomyConnect Announcements' started by AstronomyConnect, Aug 7, 2015.

Welcome to AstronomyConnect!

Started by AstronomyConnect on Aug 7, 2015 at 4:47 PM

10 Replies 19438 Views 5 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. AstronomyConnect

AstronomyConnect Staff

Agena AstroProducts is pleased to bring you AstronomyConnect.com(Beta) – a new and different online community for the world of amateur astronomy.

AstronomyConnect will feature forums, product reviews/field measurements, informative articles about astronomy gear, photo sharing, and classifieds for the amateur astronomy community.

The platform and online engine for this new site has been in development for over two years. Unlike other astronomy communities, AstronomyConnect will allow you to easily seek information and insight on specific topics and hardware related to telescopes, eyepieces, imaging equipment, and accessories. We believe our approach will make it far more efficient and enjoyable for stargazers to engage in an online astronomy community. And you will be able to enjoy this site on any device you use - computer, tablet, or smart phone.

This site is still very much a work in progress, so expect to see significant changes and improvements/additions in the coming weeks and months.

The beta version of AstronomyConnect now includes the following sections:
    - Forums
    - User Reviews (including user reviews from AgenaAstro.com and AstronomyRatings.com)
    - Articles/Featured Reviews
    - Product Database

The following sections will be added within the next few weeks:
    - Product specification/measurement tables
    - Photo/Video Sharing

Over the coming months, we plan to add Classifieds, Directories, Observing Reports, Blogs, and more.

AstronomyConnect will be supported by industry advertising. In time, certain features of the site might be limited to registered or paying users, but we plan to keep the vast majority of this site free for the astronomy community.

We invite you to sign up at AstronomyConnect. Check this site often in the coming weeks as we plan to add a lot of new content regularly. We hope you will enjoy and contribute to the growth of this site and to the fascinating world of amateur astronomy.

The AstronomyConnect Team

2. CosmicLugNut

CosmicLugNut Member

I am looking forward to upcoming developments to this web site and would like to offer my help and encouragment.

3. george

george Developer

Thanks @CosmicLugNut

Reporting bugs or suggesting features is always helpful :). If you can think it up I'll try to accommodate. I enjoy building out features that people will find useful.

4. Astheworldturns

Astheworldturns New Member

This is great, I find it hard to figure out how to communicate on some of the older forums. This will be great to grow with a new one :)
    Thank you, for all the time an energy you put into making this and your other forums, so people like myself can get help and educated.

george and StaringAtStars like this.
  5. aeajr

aeajr Well-Known Member

Glad to be a new member. Thanks for creating this forum.

StaringAtStars likes this.
  6. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Greetings to you, aeajr - nice to see you found your way here alright. We know each other from down the lane. This a very promising, new venue. One in which we can make into something wonderful - if we dare! :D

Dave

7. aeajr

aeajr Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks for the invite to the new forum. I made it. :D

8. SpyderwerX

SpyderwerX Member

Things are looking good here. Looking forward to see this community grow and prosper.
    BTW: Do we get member discounts here? LoL Just kidding. :)

9. Ray of Light

Ray of Light Well-Known Member

Very exciting for a new guy like me! Thanks Dave in Vermont! I will try to contribute and I am happy to start up with this new community✨

10. Peter Clarke

Peter Clarke New Member

Happy to have found this site which was recommended to me by Astroimaging Channel and the recent video of double star observation. Really looking forward to immerse myself with this forum,thank you guys and gals for a great site.

11. george

george Developer

Hi Peter, Welcome to AC. I will have to take a look at the video I'm glad others are starting to mentions us on the internet :) Maybe you want to introduce yourself and talk about your interests and current setup in the New Members Introduce Yourself.