Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

class="prefix prefixSkyBlue">Complete Please Report Any Errors To This Thread

Discussion in 'AstronomyConnect Feedback and Suggestions' started by george, Mar 31, 2017.

Please Report Any Errors To This Thread

Started by george on Mar 31, 2017 at 4:56 PM

10 Replies 1714 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. george

george Developer

Hey All,

I'm currently working on various parts the of the site and recently upgraded the underlying framework to go along with some new features I am looking to roll out.

If you guys experience any errors or sections of the site that are malfunctioning if you guys would be so kind to just chime in on this thread and let me know what you were trying to do or access when the error occurred .

Thanks again for any other feedback you may have.

George B.

2. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

You crashed on me 3 nights ago - I copied and sent the error-message to webmaster@astronomyconnect.com. It did a similar stunt the next night, too. I didn't bother reporting that one - figuring you already were on top of hunting it. Last night - no problems. Looks like you found the bug and swatter it sucessfully, George! ;)

'Ta,

Dave

3. george

george Developer

Thanks for the report actually if you want to send it to my personal email george@astronomyconnect.com or administrator@astronomyconnect.com that would be best as I do not currently have webmaster setup as it gets very spammy, very quickly :).

Yes for the most part everything was back up and running as of yesterday morning. We did 2 things both of which the hosting company mentioned would be minimal downtime without my intervention, neither were.

So recently our original hosting company was purchased by LiquidWeb and that was the result of the first outage during that migration. The 2nd one 2 nights ago was for them to upgrade our software stack. Since we had migrated I figured it was a good time to also have them upgrade our PHP to the latest version 7.1 and change us over from LiteSpeed + PHP to Apache + PHP-FPM. Which they were able to accommodate nicely after all was said and done.

Needless to say I was up most of the night tracking down bugs from the migration from PHP 5.5 to PHP 7.1 along side the tech who was assigned to our migration working away at getting all our required modules up and running. I wanted to give my personal thanks to the LiquidWeb tech assigned to me that night for sticking with me pretty much his entire shift and getting the whole project done.

4. Dave In Vermont

I had sent the report before you'd posted the 'george' link on the forum - but I have it in A-C File now for any future crash.

Thanks for the tale-of-woe, I've been in similar circumstances before. Whenever a hosting-company decides to play "Innovation-of-the-Moment" - get the helmets and sandbags! :p

See ya 'round the Salt-Mine,

Dave

5. Dave In Vermont

Hiya George -

A new message is popping-up just as I log in: "Information You Enter Could Be Seen by Others." Rather having me getnervous even coming in here.

Thought you should have a 'heads' up on that.

Thanks for your good works!

Dave

6. george

george Developer

I will be addressing that browser warning soon. The reason for the error is because the login is currently not forcing SSL. I will be updating AC to be fully under SSL.

Zigarro and Dave In Vermont like this.
  7. george

george Developer

Site should now be completely behind SSL the only thing now is going back and fixing images and links in various places that still use the http instead of https. This should only appear as a warning that some of the content is not behind SSL. I was required to force remove all current sessions so you will be required to re-authenticate even if you previously had set "Stay logged in"

If anybody is having issues please let me know. Thanks again for everybody's patience.

-George B.

8. Dave In Vermont

All nice, little green padlocks here!

Thanks George - just so you needn't suffer silently in the background!

'Ta,

Dave

9. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

I can't login with my Android tablet. When I try to tap into the text box to enter my password the virtual keyboard doesn't pop-up.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  10. george

george Developer

A few troubleshooting questions so I can narrow down the issue.

1. Which model Android tablet are you using?
    2. What Android version are you running?
    3. Which Android browser are you using? Google Chrome or Android Native Browser?

Dave In Vermont likes this.
  11. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

Oh sorry George, I should have supplied more info. It's an Asus Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1. I can sign in with Firefox and Chrome now. Thanks.

Dave In Vermont likes this.