Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

More Views

Celestron 1.25" & 2" Ultima Duo Eyepiece with T Thread - 17mm # 93444

4.0 (1 Reviews) Read Reviews Write Review
Brand Celestron
Part Number 93444
Availability available

Product Info

Manufacturer Description

Get a new perspective on the Universe with Ultima Duo, Celestron's versatile new eyepieces that combine excellent optics with a built-in T-adapter for astroimaging.

Enjoy impressive views with a wide 68-degree apparent field of view. Celestron's fully multi-coated optics increase light transmission and contrast, while blackened lens edges prevent internal reflections. The result is bright, pinpoint stars on a black field. A generous 20mm of eye relief and fold-down rubber eyeguard make Ultima Duo comfortable to use without removing eyeglasses.

PERFECT FOR IMAGING

If you're interested in imaging through the eyepiece, Ultima Duo makes the process quick and easy. Unlike competitors' eyepieces, you won't need to spend money on expensive adapters for your camera. The industry-standard 42mm T-threads are integrated for a direct, secure connection to your DSLR or astronomical CCD camera. Just remove the rubber eyeguard to expose Ultima Duo's integral T-threads. Then attach your DSLR camera with compatible T-ring (not included) and you're ready to capture crystal clear images! Ultima Duo is ideal for imaging bright solar system objects like the rings of Saturn, craters on the Moon, and Jupiter's Great Red Spot.

Imaging the Moon and planets is even easier with Celestron's Smartphone Adapter for Ultima Duo (sold separately). Unlike "universal" adapters, the Celestron Smartphone Adapter is custom-fit for the Ultima Duo eyepiece line. With this sturdy connection, your smartphone can capture crisp, sharp images of your favorite solar system objects.

Advanced planetary imagers can attach Celestron's T-to-C Adapter (sold separately) and add a number of high-end imagers to Ultima Duo, including Celestron's Skyris and NexImage Burst cameras.

SMART DESIGN FOR USE IN THE FIELD

Ultima Duo's anodized aluminum body allows it to fit both 1.25" and 2" focusers, so you can use it with almost any telescope with no extra adapters required. A compact body style makes Ultima Duo an excellent choice for use with binoviewers.

The rubber grip rings provide good ergonomics so you can hold onto your eyepiece, even while wearing gloves. The aluminum barrel is threaded to accept 1.25" eyepiece filters (but not 2" filters) and has a safety recess to prevent it from slipping out of the focuser. Each Ultima Duo eyepiece includes cover caps and a protective carry pouch.

Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).

Reviews

4.0 (Based on 1 Reviews) 100% of reviewers recommended this product.
Rating Distribution
Sort by
  • Date
  • Rating
  • Useful
    1. Guest

Skill Level
      Unknown
      Time with Product
      Unknown
      User Notes:
      Review by Mr. Robot of The DC Bubble.
      Feb 8, 2016

4.0 17mm Celestron Ultima Duo

Pros:

Quality Lenses,Strong Construction,Easy to Use

Cons:

Heavy

Comments:

This is a very nice EP with quality lenses and construction. It feels solid and is just that - it's pretty heavy.

For me, this EP works especially well in my longer FL scopes - my f/10 refractor and C8 SCT. Wonderful to the edge with sharp star points.

Now in my short FL scopes - I have an f/5 and f/6 refractors - the viewing is not so good. These scopes already have inherent field curvature (FC) and this EP does nothing to help tame it. The views through these scope, at least for me, are not so pleasing. On axis and in the central part of the image the view is fine, but working out to the edge ... well not so good.

I would definitely recommend for longer FL scopes, not so much for short FL scopes.

Bottom Line: Would you recommend this item? Yes
      Was this review helpful? Yes / No

This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.com

Sort by
    • Date
    • Rating
    • Useful

Specifications

Apparent Field of View 68°
      Barrel Size 1.25" (31.7mm) and 2" (50.8mm)
      Bolt Case Included Yes - Free Agena Eyepiece Container
      Bolt Case Size Agena 65x80mm
      Coatings Fully Multi-Coated
      Height (with Eye Guard) 109mm (4.29")
      Max Width 57.5mm (2.26")
      End Caps 2
      Eye Lens Diameter 30mm (1.18")
      Eye Relief by Design 20mm
      Filter Threads Standard 1.25" Filter Thread (M28.5 x 0.6)
      Focal Length 17mm
      Lens Elements 8
      Lens Groups 5
      Rubber Eye Guard Yes
      Blackened Lens Edges Yes
      Additional Information 42mm T-Threads under eyecup
      Manufacturer Celestron
      Eyepiece Focal Length 15.1mm - 20mm
      Eyepiece Field of View 61 - 70 degrees
      Eyepiece Series Celestron Ultima Duo
      Barrel Type With safety undercut
      Eyepiece Weight 12.80oz (362.87g)