Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

More Views

Meade Standard Field Tripod # 07020

5.0 (1 Reviews) Read Reviews Write Review
Brand Meade
Part Number 7020
Availability available

Product Info

Manufacturer Description

Meade Standard Field Tripod #07020. Tripod as supplied with all Meade 8-12" LX90-ACF and 8-10" LX200-ACF models. The Standard Field Tripod gives your Meade the rock solid, research-grade foundation needed for demanding applications such as high power observing and astrophotograpy/imaging.

Tripod height is adjustable from 34" to 54", allowing for comfortable viewing from either standing or seated observing positions. Features super strong and exceptionally rigid chromed steel legs for excellent vibration damping. Telescope may be mounted in altitude-azimuth (vertical-horizontal) mode or can be equatorially (polar) aligned using an optionally available Meade Wedge or Ultrawedge. Tripod weight is 25 pounds.

Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty.

Manufacturer part number: 07020

Reviews

5.0 (Based on 1 Reviews) 100% of reviewers recommended this product.
Rating Distribution
Sort by
  • Date
  • Rating
  • Useful
    1. Guest

Skill Level
      Unknown
      Time with Product
      Unknown
      User Notes:
      Review by Harold
      Feb 24, 2017

5.0 Meade LX Tripod

Pros:

Cons:

Comments:

Hi, I have owned a Meade LX-10, 8-inch, SCT Telescope since 1998 when I purchased it new.
      I also had the older style LX tripod. Recently I noticed a crack in the cast aluminum leg connector.
      So the tripod had to be replaced. The new tripod has been redesigned. It is a much better design
      on this new style tripod. I was happy the design was changed so the cracking on the leg connector
      will not happen again. I was also quite pleased at the $295.00 price with free shipping.
      All other similar tripods in any brand are generally twice as much money. So if you are replacing your
      tripod as I did, feel confident that the new design is a big improvement and should last.
      Good luck & clear skies!

Bottom Line: Would you recommend this item? Yes
      Was this review helpful? Yes / No

This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.com

Sort by
    • Date
    • Rating
    • Useful