Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Croatia and light pollution laws.

Discussion in 'General Astronomy Chat' started by kevan hubbard, Oct 15, 2018.

Croatia and light pollution laws.

Started by kevan hubbard on Oct 15, 2018 at 2:42 AM

6 Replies 1468 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. kevan hubbard

kevan hubbard Well-Known Member

Good news I've read Croatia is about to bring in anti light pollution laws joining next door,and another former part of the jicsaw of Yugoslavia, Slovenia.the problem seems to be getting worse and worse.ive often wondered if floodlights actually have off switches and if the idiots who own them get free electricity!?I was reading news from England that the church of England is to divest from it's investments in fossil fuels,they could start by removing the floodlights illuminating their churches! people have plenty of time during the day to look at churches,castles,etc..

2. squeege3000

squeege3000 Well-Known Member

Maybe if it could be shown that light pollustion at night affected the mating ritual of the North American Stink Bug then something may get done?

3. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

4. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

5. kevan hubbard

It's claimed that Zagreb has worse light pollution than Hong Kong.ive been to both and can't see how that can be true? Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai are that most light polluted places I've been.dubai probably the worse and I think this is due to the desert dust suspended in the air?when I was there even first magnitude stars where a challenge to see.zagreb is not so big I think about 1 million people and is not far from the Slovenine border,small mountains surround it which should hem in some of the light pollution.in Tito's times many high rise flats where built but it's mainly low buildings.

6. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

Get funky robo-dog on the case ...

7. kevan hubbard

There's a picture of a new humanoid robot jumping over logs and the like that I saw. I think it was from MIT?alt although I thought the photos looked a tad fake.