Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Mars in October

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Orion25, Nov 8, 2018.

Mars in October

Started by Orion25 on Nov 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM

11 Replies 1338 Views 3 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

Hello, all! Here is a composite of a few Mars images I took last month with my Orion 180mm Mak using a Celestron 2x barlow and the Orion 5MP StarShoot camera, processed in Registax and Photoshop. Mars is on the move but it's giving quite a farewell show ;) :

ASTRONOMY - MARS POST-OPPOSITION 2018 (5MP) OCTOBER CAPTION.jpg

To Mars!
    Reggie

Ed D, Scopejunkie and Nebula like this.
  2. Avani Soares

Avani Soares Well-Known Member

Uma linda composição amiga Reggie!
    Eu conheço o trabalho que esse tipo de foto faz. Dependemos do tempo para ajudar, as condições de captura nunca são exatamente as mesmas e isso torna difícil ter uma natureza homogênea.
    Estou preparando algo semelhante, mas com um período de tempo um pouco mais longo, ainda não tenho previsão para postar.
    Um abraço!

Avani
    A beautiful composition friend Reggie!
    I know the work that this kind of photo does. We are dependent on time to help, the conditions of capture are never exactly the same and this makes it difficult to have a homogeneous nature.
    I'm preparing something similar but with a slightly longer period of time, I have not yet forecast to post.
    A hug!

Avani

3. Orion25

Obrigado meu querido amigo! Meu mentor, lol. Eu pretendo continuar com imagens de Marte até dezembro. Então eu descanso um pouco! Eu sempre antecipo suas imagens! Um grande abraço para você, amigo!

Thank you , my dear friend! My mentor, lol. I plan to continue with images of Mars through December. Then, I rest a bit! I always anticipate your images! A big hug to you, friend!

4. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

Mars is still interesting @reggie nice work again. You've capture great details.

Orion25 likes this.
  5. Orion25

Thanks, Neb. My imaging will slow down as it's getting colder, hehe. I think December will be my swan song to Mars where imaging is concerned. I will continue to observe though. Where is everyone on A-C? It's been a little quiet; I guess everybody's under the stars, lol! Any new sketches, Neb?

6. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

Hello @Orion25 it's snowing here and starting to be cold too.. and cloudy most of the time. For me it's the contrary right now, I would like to get out a bit more.

I have an adjusting chair now and lowered my EQ5 mount, my comfort is now highly improved for sketching.

This is my latest Mars observation from a couple of days ago, last week end.. I didn't identify the features, it's kind of a waste without features identification..

[​IMG]

This sketch was done while I was comfortably sitting, a miracle at last. ;)

Orion25 likes this.
  7. Orion25

Nice sketch. Is the direction of south up or down? And is left and right reversed? I think I could figure out the features with that information. I'm glad you can comfortably sketch with your adjustable chair. Sounds really nice. Now, for the skies to clear, lol. :)

8. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be upside down view only.

This is my lovely chair all plywood.

[​IMG]

Orion25 likes this.
  9. Orion25

Very nice chair, Neb. I hope it brings you much comfort - and good observing! :)

Nebula likes this.
  10. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

Last night at 2:00 something spectacular happened, an asteroid passed just over me it was very low perhaps 200 meters tops, I suspect even less then that. And a very slow one, I could see the tip burning orange for at least 4 even 5 seconds with a beautiful rich deep green tail.

By far the most impressive asteroid I ever observed, that was last night.

There were a couple of clouds and wind but all the stars of Orion were bright and steady, Sirius too, the winter star scene is so incredible.. I could see hints of the great nebula naked eye. My first observation of Orion since a couple of months.

I am glad.. 5 minutes outside and incredible memories.

11. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

I will use that chair to sketch the great nebula a second or third time probably. (; Comfortably sitting

12. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

Very nice Mars sequence my friend. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Ed D