Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Astronomy Hacks

Discussion in 'General Astronomy Chat' started by Seer, Nov 8, 2018.

Astronomy Hacks

Started by Seer on Nov 8, 2018 at 7:51 AM

27 Replies 2789 Views 1 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
Tags:
  1. Seer

Seer Well-Known Member

I think it would be cool to see a NASA themed one of these astronomy uniforms being mostly white with some black trim and a NASA insignia. :cool:
    We are amateurs but I think this give a smart professional look. There is that saying that goes "You should dress for the job that you want". Functionality and looks the whole shebang (except for winter).

2. Seer

Seer Well-Known Member

I said except for winter but and this is a big but (LOL I kill me). It would work for astrophotographers who don't have to go outside much.
    Some more thought on the matter. The best way to put something onto scrubs might be to have it embroidered on. I think most scrubs are treated to repel stains so that might lessen how well printing would adhere. Being that they will double as pajamas it would be getting a different kind of wear then a regular shirt.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  3. Seer

Seer Well-Known Member

I could just see some time in the future a group of children entering a restaurant late at night to get some pizza all wearing this astronomy uniform. They would be a local amateur astronomy club part of a nation wide or global effort by the government(s) and private sector to boost support, awareness, and help with raising funds for on going and up coming space ventures. They might be the future equivalent to the boy/girl scouts or cub scouts / brownies. Perhaps they would be called Astro Scouts.
    Dream a little dream with me.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  4. sickfish

sickfish Well-Known Member

I have the book Astronomy Hacks.
    It has a lot of good stuff in it. Some of the stuff is dated though.
    With the internet these day there is a ton of info out there.

Seer likes this.
  5. Seer

Seer Well-Known Member

I don't have that book.
    The jar lid wasn't my idea but I did improve on it. The other stuff are my ideas and some times more the one person comes up with a good idea. As far as I know that isn't the case here yet.

6. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

I saw your hats @Seer during summer i don't get out without a special net I put on my head with a fishing hat. Can't stand the bugs and mosquitoes at all.

I fear nothing else would do the trick for me...

Seer likes this.
  7. Seer

Seer Well-Known Member

Do people still worry about bats getting caught in there hair?
    There have been many times when bats have brushed passed my head. I no longer have much hair for anything to get tangled in anymore.
    My 2 biggest dangers when observing are being murdered and skunks. There was one year since I've lived here that there was like a half dozen people murdered just right around my building. We have lots of skunks here. Both the black ones with white stripes and the spotted ones but mostly the black ones with white stripes. The spotted ones actually do a handstand when they spray and I seen it once.

8. Seer

Seer Well-Known Member

Did you see people using them for astronomy?
    There is a very similar thing that bikers wear called a dew rag. Scrub caps have a sweat absorbing lining up front.