Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

The Solar System

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Orion25, Oct 26, 2020.

The Solar System

Started by Orion25 on Oct 26, 2020 at 5:45 AM

14 Replies 4839 Views 3 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

Here is a collage of images I've taken of the sun and the planets at the r.j.s. observatory over the past few years. Mars is the latest addition. Earth is there in spirit, because it's hard to get a good perspective shot, lol!

ASTRONOMY - THE SOLAR SYSTEM 2020.jpg

Clear skies, everybody!
    Reggie :)

PXR-5, Ed D and Mak the Night like this.
  2. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

Orion25 likes this.
  3. Mak the Night

4. Orion25

Haha, now with that I could definitely get a good Earth shot! I wonder if i could make monthly payments on one of those, hmmmmmmmm...

Mak the Night likes this.
  5. Mak the Night

Steve Zodiac might lend you his.

Orion25 likes this.
  6. Amestryyz

Amestryyz Member

hi thank for sharing picture but as i have seen earth is missing. where it is in solar system .

Orion25 likes this.
  7. Amestryyz

Amestryyz Member

hi thank for sharing picture but as i have seen earth is missing. where it is in solar system .

8. Amestryyz

Amestryyz Member

9. Orion25

Haha, good catch. It should be between Venus and Mars but I only included photos I took of the other planets.

10. Orion25

Haha, good catch. It should be between Venus and Mars but I only included photos I took of the other planets.

11. Amestryyz

Amestryyz Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about Proxima Centauri .

12. Amestryyz

Amestryyz Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about Proxima Centauri .

13. Amestryyz

Amestryyz Member

14. Orion25

I hope this posts!

Two of the night sky's reddest variables were photographed at r.j.s. observatory over the weekend. 119 Tauri (the Ruby Star) can be seen with the naked eye just below Zeta Tauri and is a variable red supergiant in the last stages of its evolution. R Leporis (Hind's Crimson Star), just below the constellation of Orion, is also a variable supergiant but with an abundance of carbon in its atmosphere contributing to its deep red color, especially when it is dim. It is a bit fainter than 119 Tauri and must be viewed through binoculars or a telescope. I like to use my reflector scope to see both of these stars as their red colors form a striking contrast to the background (especially R Leporis):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clear skies!

Reggie [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Mak the Night and Scopejunkie like this.
  15. Mak the Night

Far out Reggie. I hope this posts lol.

Orion25 likes this.
  16. Orion25

Thanks, Mak. Good to hear from you. How's the stargazing? Send me an e-mail some time.

17. Orion25

Playing a little catch-up here. I got some cool images from the Great Conjunction last December. I used a combination of wide-field DSLR and planetary imaging techniques. It was quite an experience to see the two gas giants in a single telescopic view!

ASTRONOMY - JUPITER & SATURN CONJUNCTION 12-22-20 (5MP).jpg ASTRONOMY - JUPITER & SATURN CONJUNCTION COMPOSITE 12-21-20.jpg ASTRONOMY - JUPITER & SATURN CONJUNCTION 12-14-20 CAPTIONS.jpg ASTRONOMY - JUPITER & SATURN CONJUNCTION 12-21-20 (PERSPECTIVE SHOT)  CAPTION SM.jpg ASTRONOMY - JUPITER & SATURN CONJUNCTION 12-21-20 (PLANE CRASHING) CAPTION SM.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    PXR-5 and Mak the Night like this.
  18. Mak the Night

How's it going Reggie?

19. Orion25

Hey, Mak. I have been well. Enjoying my two-week holiday from work with family and the stars. I only recently checked in to see if the site was fully (or partially) functional, lol. I hope you have been well :)

20. Mak the Night

How's it going Reggie? Glad you're well and enjoying the holiday. I'm fine thanks. The site seems to be working again. As you can see, I've posted a couple of reviews lol. I just had my 139th session this year. A bit hazy but not too bad. I had a really good three and a half hour session on the 23rd.

Orion25 likes this.