Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

2 Silly Questions

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Pleiades, Jun 26, 2018.

2 Silly Questions

Started by Pleiades on Jun 26, 2018 at 1:19 PM

23 Replies 2202 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Pleiades - you have a GSO-Diagonal? Cool! I needed a good 1.25" Diagonal, and was figuring I'd get a William Optics RACI Dielectric one - which is what I use in 2" format on all (except my Newtonian) my other scopes. But the 1.25" GSO Diectric 99% Reflectivity model this time caught my eye. And I happily found out it was absolutely excellent!

It's fit and build was every bit as good as my WO 2" dielectrics' in this smaller format.If I ever have need for another 2" 90° diagonals - it, too, will be a GSO.

Guan Sheng Optics is putting excellent products out there, and at far less cost than the other Big-Name companies. That's win~win in my view.

Enjoy!

jgroub and Pleiades like this.
  2. Gabby76

Gabby76 Well-Known Member

GSO has definitely improved over the last 10 years or so.

Pleiades likes this.
  3. KikeV

KikeV New Member

Hello....st should be a red for tour telescope...
    EQ mounts are the best but without goto soft they are quite challenging. I spent a lot of time using the EQ5 without goto and I learned a lot. Clear skies.

4. Gabby76

Gabby76 Well-Known Member

Even though I have a Vixen SXP my most used mount is still a manual EQ-5 with tracking motor and a Argo Navis.
    I have been using this for almost 15 years.