Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

2 Silly Questions

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Pleiades, Jun 26, 2018.

2 Silly Questions

Started by Pleiades on Jun 26, 2018 at 1:19 PM

27 Replies 6106 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Pleiades - you have a GSO-Diagonal? Cool! I needed a good 1.25" Diagonal, and was figuring I'd get a William Optics RACI Dielectric one - which is what I use in 2" format on all (except my Newtonian) my other scopes. But the 1.25" GSO Diectric 99% Reflectivity model this time caught my eye. And I happily found out it was absolutely excellent!

It's fit and build was every bit as good as my WO 2" dielectrics' in this smaller format.If I ever have need for another 2" 90° diagonals - it, too, will be a GSO.

Guan Sheng Optics is putting excellent products out there, and at far less cost than the other Big-Name companies. That's win~win in my view.

Enjoy!

jgroub and Pleiades like this.
  2. Gabby76

Gabby76 Well-Known Member

GSO has definitely improved over the last 10 years or so.

Pleiades likes this.
  3. KikeV

KikeV New Member

Hello....st should be a red for tour telescope...
    EQ mounts are the best but without goto soft they are quite challenging. I spent a lot of time using the EQ5 without goto and I learned a lot. Clear skies.

4. Gabby76

Gabby76 Well-Known Member

Even though I have a Vixen SXP my most used mount is still a manual EQ-5 with tracking motor and a Argo Navis.
    I have been using this for almost 15 years.

5. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

yeah I would certainly like to be in 2017. :)

I miss 2017. :(

Java Script, I think we should be able to have access to websites in old style by the toggling a button, javascript on off, it would be safer that way in my opinion, the scripts will run when the user is OK for them to run, they don't run otherwise. (I don't expect a single person to agree with me, of course and as always)

Today if the scripts don't run, there is no web site at all! It's really an exchange Analytics vs looking at the website.

One of my favorite website, it's so easy to find something in it with only CTRL+F. If the object is not there I send an e-mail and get a reply fast!, no AI, chat bots or funny stuff.

http://www.scopestuff.com/

6. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

I have a JavaScript on/off toggle on most of my browsers. Safari has one built-in. And there's always NoScript.

https://noscript.net/

7. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

@Mak the Night

Ii still use No script but need to turn it off often for some websites where they use like 25 different scripts and i need to guess which ones are causing the website not to work when blocked by no script.

Fortunately my favorite websites are well configured with No script.

I tried the Java script toggle on Firefox but I don't know the purpose of it if the website is not going to load at all.

8. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

The JS toggle can occasionally make life easier ... if it doesn't break the site lol.