Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

73 days later....

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by squeege3000, Sep 9, 2020.

73 days later....

Started by squeege3000 on Sep 9, 2020 at 5:43 AM

1 Replies 637 Views 3 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. squeege3000

squeege3000 Well-Known Member

My last clear, stable, moonless night allowing for deep sky astrophotography, not Moon or Planet, but Nebula and Galaxy hunting, was on June 24th. That is until September 6th. Yep, horrible weather here in Western NC pretty much ruined the whole summer for this aspect of the hobby. I thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of evenings. And the equipment all behaved! Images captured with 10" f5 GSO Newtonian, EQ-6r Skywatcher mount, zwo asi294 mc pro camera, and my first use of a new filter - the Optolong L-enhance narrowband light pollution filter. The filter really made an astounding difference. Color balance is remarkable. So here are a few of the summer favorite Nebula

ring nebula complete small.jpg pillars all and flat dark complete1 small.jpg stacked m27 using flat bright processed small.jpg observatory and sky small.jpg

Ed D, Scopejunkie and Orion25 like this.
  2. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

All totally amazing images, squeege! Astrojournal quality, here! You're capturing some top-shelf images with that filter; can't wait to see more!
    Reggie :)

squeege3000 likes this.