Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

A Caveat on Adobe-Flash ver.22

Discussion in 'Astronomy Software, Apps, and Websites' started by Dave In Vermont, Sep 13, 2016.

A Caveat on Adobe-Flash ver.22

Started by Dave In Vermont on Sep 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM

2 Replies 631 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Just a quick caveat for those (millions of) people running Adobe Flash - which is to be found everywhere.

I was having a problem with my Windows-Explorer crashing on me everytime I turned around. I'd have to re-boot to clear these crashes. It went so far as to cause all my settings in TheSkyX to be lost - which means several hours to bring it back up and running the way I need it to run. As rotten a situation as it was, this clued me on to which way to turn my attention: Adobe Flash 22. And the time-frame fit when I last updated the Flashplayer to version 22. So off I went to get any information.

All I needed to see was that a new version, 23, had been offered very quickly after the 22 was out there. I downloaded 23 and installed it - making sure to uncheck the options for McAfee Security and one other piece of 'bloatware.' I also went to the 'uninstall' options in Control-Panel and removed the 22. I would suggest the same to all.

Upshot: No more crashes or programs losing their data & settings.

No excuse to not update to ver. 23. It's freeware after all.

Now back to snarling at the prospect of re-setting my TheSkyX - starting with minor things..... Like getting it to show stars.....

Dave :eek: :p

2. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Important stuff to know;)
    You always keep us well-informed.

3. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Thanks, Reggie. I do try at least. I wish more would so I can take a nap! :p I just spent an hour re-setting my copy of TheSkyX to where I want it - and I'm nowhere near done! <growl...>

'Ta,

Dave