Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Cryptojacking Test

Discussion in 'Astronomy Software, Apps, and Websites' started by Mak the Night, Feb 22, 2018.

Cryptojacking Test

Started by Mak the Night on Feb 22, 2018 at 3:18 PM

7 Replies 807 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

Those awfully clever chaps at Opera have created an online test to see if your browser is cryptojack proof.

Screenshot 2018-02-22 at 10.18.23.png

Works on Linux and Windows, not on iOS yet though.

https://cryptojackingtest.com/

2. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

It says I'm protected - from what I don't know - but I'm using the Firefox Quantum I stripped down to bare-bones. But Opera thinks I'm "protected."

3. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

4. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

This is my fingerprint result which is not very good.

Within our dataset of several million visitors, only one in 5201.58 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours.

5. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Thank's for the EFF Panopticlick link. I passed all of that aside from it not being certain of 'fingerprint-thing.' Which is as it should be as mine is set to disguise and change such. So my security-screens are performing where I want them.

Capitalist-Piggies are 'up-against-the-wall' if they try to play with me. I simply don't use the internet to 'shop & browse' for crap I'd never buy in the first place! There is such a thing as using the net to purchase articles I need. Such as my latest jag of hunting down specific articles like color planetary-filters. Just how the Hell could "marketing-firms" - or, as I prefer, spammer-pigs, make a profile out of such esoteric items? Maybe.....

"Oh lookie! He likes the Wratten #47 Violet-Filter! Ah ha! We got him now! Start bombing him with ads for "Baby-Blue Dr. Slurpee Genuine American Plastic Dinnerware! We'll make a sale for sure now!!"

If so - Some village's clock is missing it's bird!

815TW0yBPfL._SL1500_.jpg

6. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

Dave In Vermont likes this.
  7. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

It's aimed at the cellphones users a lot i would say. In a way that websites will collect all your likes and dislikes in life then the cellphone collect your physical localization, what shop you go, are you in a car, walking, doing rollerblade, etc. Eventually the artificial intelligence will get better and truly be able to predict your mood and offer you what you need before you think about it.

And maybe prevent a crime before it happens!! <-- I would NOT be surprised at all.

They call this surveillance capitalism.

People don't care about a private company collecting they geographic localization. And what eles could be collected with remotely operated devices handling sophisticated voice recognition and biometry software. What can go wrong ? All of this is probably for my own good ?

My insurance company they harass me to install a tracker on my car. I said NO, i don,t have accidents now, can't you live what that information I just gave you ? It's not enough for them, they want to know where I go and how I drive to see f there is a risk they might pay for me with a new level of precision.

-->I am not a robot who drives like a robot and do no mistakes, only parking my car at a secure spot, and never visiting poor neighborhoods where the risk of being robed is higher. What's the purpose of the tracker to set the price of my insurance?

But it's me the crazy paranoid freak for thinking an insurance company is not really a friend, and for protecting some thoughts

Ill let the others do it for me, they can't live without their cellphones. Please pay for me.

8. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

I think i am gonna drink Chamomile now..