Dismiss Notice
We were experiencing issues with a server migration and upgrade to the underlying platform. Everything should be up and running now, but if you notice any issues with the site please head over to Report and Issue Forums to let us know. If you are unable able to do so, free to email me directly atgeorge@astronomyconnect.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
-George

Hi from Tennessee!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself' started by Pleiades, Sep 12, 2017.

Hi from Tennessee!

Started by Pleiades on Sep 12, 2017 at 8:30 AM

3 Replies 31 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Pleiades

Pleiades Active Member

Hi,
    I am still just getting my feet wet in astronomy. Pleiades and a set of 10x50 binoculars are responsible for this obsession. I have an old scope that belong to a kid, left behind when he went off to college. I am looking to upgrade, but making due with this old refractor for now. My wife and I are looking to relocate, so I am not real sure how "portable"my next scope needs to be yet. Until then, I've been splitting doubles, and looking for clusters. Saturn has provided me with some fun as well. I've been upgrading this old refractor with eyepieces. I really like those GSO Plosssl's from Agena.

17 Year old Tasco, 60mm f13
    Celestron 10x50
    6mm, 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 40mm

2. george

george Developer

Welcome to AC glad to have you on board :)

3. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

Welcome to our growing community! I'm just to the south of you in Georgia. Did you see totality?

Regards,
    Reggie

4. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Well hello Pleiades, it's good to have you join us! You certainly jumped in here with both feet! Well done. I do so the same way when I join new venues - usually because I see something I wish to address, so I join and do so within minutes of each other. Typos and all. :p

I hope you're enjoying our low-key little forum. You've come in during our evolution here, so your input will be a part of that evolution. The formative-age in AstronomyConnect (I call it 'A-C' for short). When nothing is carved in stone. But might be in silly-putty!

Have Too Much Fun -

Dave

Zippy-239x300.jpg