Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

class="prefix prefixGreen">Stellarium I'm using telescope control , it slews to wrong object

Discussion in 'Astronomy Software, Apps, and Websites' started by stepping beyond, Dec 1, 2017.

I'm using telescope control , it slews to wrong object

Started by stepping beyond on Dec 1, 2017 at 8:47 AM

6 Replies 1686 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. stepping beyond

stepping beyond Well-Known Member

I align and align my camera several times just to make sure that isn't it but, still wants to slew towards the ground. I even fixed my alt. to what EOS/ASA/NASA and made sure everything was correct and still I just want to kick something besides my mount. I think that it might be a w10 update but, I won't have any hair left if this persists.

2. UlteriorModem

UlteriorModem Active Member

Was it working before the update?

Also check tracking mode to ensure it's set up for the correct hemisphere North EQ for me ;)

3. stepping beyond

Yes , I'm getting ready to do a Starpatch on my 497 HBX and see if that fixes the malfunction. I've re- set up my handpad again double checking everything and my tracking rate is set to sidereal , I may go out tonight to see how it performs. I got on the lxd55 group and another lxd55 owner told me to try the Starpatch , I guess it wouldn't hurt, I need to " GET R DUN" and gather some data on m31 and the "Elephant Trunk Nebula while they're still in position before the really cold blast. The Meade doesn't like " below freezing temps" nor do I having to set up and cover it on my driveway. I would leave it but, it's calling for rain Wednesday.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  4. stepping beyond

Problem solved user error !

5. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're up & running again - or 'finally!' :p

People seem to spend 10X more time fixing then things, than they can use them.

Hope to see your work here soon!

6. Earl_Watts

Earl_Watts New Member

Hi Stepping Beyond. Could you please tell me what your user error was? I am encountering a similar problem. I align using the QHY pole master. Next I use the 2 Star Goto align on my CGEM Mount. I then connect to stellarium and I can control and see my scopes crosshairs but it is in a completely wrong position. When I slew to an object it takes my scope in a completely different spot in the sky. I’ve read the manual and can not find the solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

7. stepping beyond

Take a deep breath , make sure your coordinates and altitude are correct first , I hadn't checked my coordinates assuming that they were correct and {1} # off and several times it went the wrong way . I haven't used stellarium12.1 that often since getting Sgp and everything is done by plate solving , no more alignment stars everything is done by Pinpoint or plate solve2. Soon I'll be losing all of my guiding to some lucky amateur astronomer/astrphotographer in need of some guiding gear at a low cost.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018