Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Mars in November

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Orion25, Dec 1, 2018.

Mars in November

Started by Orion25 on Dec 1, 2018 at 4:37 PM

6 Replies 115 Views 1 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

Mars in November

Hello, all! Here is a composite of a few Mars images I took in November with my Orion 180mm Mak using a Celestron 2x barlow and the Orion 5MP StarShoot camera, processed in Registax and Photoshop. Its journey away from us continues as it gets smaller and less bright, but it's still fun to image:

ASTRONOMY - MARS POST-OPPOSITION 2018 (5MP) NOVEMBER CAPTION.jpg

To Mars!
    Reggie :D

Ed D likes this.
  2. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

Very nice, as always. Thanks for posting it.

I should quit beating my head against the wall trying to image DSOs from a Bortle 9 area and take advantage of Mars while it's still up there.

Ed D

Orion25 likes this.
  3. Orion25

Thanks, Ed. I'm wrapping up my Mars imaging this month and will work on a composite of the best images from each month from June to December. I commend you on your effort to image DSOs from a Bortle 9 (!) area; I'm interested in seeing all of your images! Right now, I'm anticipating the close appulse of Mars and Neptune on December 7; they'll be in the same low power telescopic field of view that evening. I'm hoping to get a good image at prime focus! Wish me luck!

Reggie

4. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

Reggie, thanks for the heads up for Dec 7. From what I read, the two planets will be about 1/10 of a degree from each other. I think I can fit that in the FoV of my AT72ED. If not, my DSLR can fit it.

I posted images of Andromeda and the Orion Nebula earlier today, as well as one of the Pleiades in that thread. The one of the nebula came out pretty nice. If I relocate to an area with some decent night skies when I retire I will put a cooled astro camera (ASI1600?) on my wish list, as well as a good mount (Atlas?) with auto-guiding capability. We'll see.

Ed

Orion25 likes this.
  5. Orion25

I'll check out those images! :)

6. stepping beyond

stepping beyond Active Member

Reggie , I found my way back to the forum . I haven't had a very good year this year with my condition . Those Mars are stunning my friend, I had 1 night to collect . I did the best I could as usual.

Orion25 likes this.
  7. Orion25

Welcome back, my friend! It's great to hear from you. Thanks for your reply; it's been a busy year for me and Mars, lol. I hope you are doing better :)
    Reggie