Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Maybe not lost in light pollution in France?

Discussion in 'General Astronomy Chat' started by kevan hubbard, Jan 15, 2019.

Maybe not lost in light pollution in France?

Started by kevan hubbard on Jan 15, 2019 at 5:02 PM

1 Replies 708 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. kevan hubbard

kevan hubbard Well-Known Member

Good news France has,as of the 1st Jan.2019, introduced very strict laws of light pollution including the awful architectural lighting which floodlights building walls flowing up into the skies.the religious tell us that the glory of God is within,judging by all the floodlit churches and similar places I think that they must be fooling themselves,it must be within the bricks and mortar of their various competing temples,not to mention the pockets of the owners of the power companies? I believe that Slovenia and the sort of quasi county of Sark are the only other countries in Europe in introduce anti light pollution laws.fifa,the international football association, I have read have managed to undermine Slovenias laws on this with floodlights at sports stadiums obviously not enough daylight hours for them to kick balls around in?

2. Gabby76

Gabby76 Well-Known Member

Hopefully more countries will start with this process.