Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Media Gallery New Release

Discussion in 'AstronomyConnect Announcements' started by AstronomyConnect, Feb 16, 2016.

Media Gallery New Release

Started by AstronomyConnect on Feb 16, 2016 at 7:48 PM

3 Replies 1800 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. AstronomyConnect

AstronomyConnect Staff

Astronomy Connect Media Gallery

You can now share your astrophotos and videos with the Astronomy Connect community! Within the Astronomy Connect media gallery, you may upload multiple image files directly or via a URL on another website. Videos can be shared to the media gallery from Youtube, Facebook, Dailymotion, and Vimeo. You can add images and video to an existing category in the gallery, or create personal albums for your media in a way that works for you.

Other community members can see and discuss your work through the integrated comments system that shows user ratings, likes, and number of views. As a bonus feature, images with EXIF Data (Exchangeable Image File Format) will have data displayed on the ‘additional information’ tab in the gallery.

To get started, click on the ‘Media’ icon on the menu at the top of of the page, then click on the ‘Add Media’ button.

What are the Media Gallery Limits?
    • Max Media/Album Title Length: 150 characters
    • Max Media/Album Description Length: 1000 characters
    • Max File Size: 2 MB
    • Max Dimensions: 1000 x 1000 (Images that are over will automatically be resized)
    • Max Total Storage Per Member: 50 MB (For time being)
    • Maximum Items Per Upload: 5
    • Allowed Image File Extensions: jpg ,jpeg, jpe, gif, png
    • Videos: Videos must be hosted off site (ex. YouTube, Facebook, or Vimeo).
    If you are exhibiting any issues with the Media gallery or have additional suggestions feel free to open a thread in our Feedback and Suggestions form or Our Website Problems and Bug Reports

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  2. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Well-Known Member

Don't be shy y'all....

3. clintwhitman

clintwhitman Well-Known Member

George,,, This may seem dense but the access point to upload seems to be eluding me.....

4. george

george Developer

No @clintwhitman I'm the one who should be apologizing, as the dense one is myself. Upon looking into it it seems regular users still don't have permission to access the add media button. There should be a button in the upper right hand corner much like posting a new thread on the media page. Thanks for pointing it out it looks like we had misconfigured the permissions on that area and missed checked the wrong box. You guys pretty much had access to everything else with the exception of adding media.

Thanks again bringing this to my attention. I have just fixed the underlying issue. As a side note @StaringAtStars is working on a short tutorial on how to post media as well.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Robert Clark likes this.