Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

class="prefix prefixSkyBlue">Complete Mobile Problems - Posting Replies/quotes From Mobile Device

Discussion in 'Website Problems and Bug Reports' started by Turk, Sep 5, 2015.

Mobile Problems - Posting Replies/quotes From Mobile Device

Started by Turk on Sep 5, 2015 at 5:11 AM

10 Replies 2254 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

It appears that the mobile version may have problems showing newly created posts. (Let's see if this one shows up.)

The quote would not work for me on my phone. Replying post showed up at first, then disappeared. Very confusing.

2. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Test post to my thread

3. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Test reply

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Seems to work now. My other posts were delayed by 5 minutes. Maybe my current location has something to do with it

5. george

george Developer

I replied using my phone and quote system seems to be working on my end let me know if it happens again. Also what device was this?

6. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Nexus.6 Android

7. george

george Developer

Thanks I see if I can replicate this on my end. Did you have issues replying to this post?

8. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

No but what function is the quote button? I assumed it would add a quote from previous post. Am I wrong?

9. george

george Developer

Ok so in our system quote will store the quote in a queue for later use. If you just wanted to reply to a post and quote you can just click the reply link. That will automatically bring you to the bottom and insert the post into the WYSIWYG.

Now if you clicked the +Quote button on the post, which I believe you may have done, like mentioned above this adds the quote to a queue and can be inserted at a later time. If you have quotes stored a new button will appear underneath the WYSIWYG which says Insert Quotes... They functionality lets you store multiple quotes from the thread you currently on or if you like from other threads.

Additionally if you select text on a post a context menu will appear to all you to quote or reply with only that selected text instead of quoting the entire post message.

Posted this from my phone sorry if this comes off as confusing. We were discussing writing up or making short clips on how to use different functions on the site maybe this could be the first one.

10. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

That's a very nice feature and can save a lot of time. I think I understand it now.

11. george

george Developer

Marking this issue as complete. If any one else has issues please continue to post here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.