Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

more mercury!

Discussion in 'Observing Celestial Objects' started by kevan hubbard, Jul 10, 2018.

more mercury!

Started by kevan hubbard on Jul 10, 2018 at 2:01 AM

3 Replies 66 Views 2 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. kevan hubbard

kevan hubbard Well-Known Member

A lot of luck with elusive mercury this year another sighting this time from Yerevan Armenia. I was lucky to have a hotel with a west facing window. I'd seen it the night before from Tbilisi Georgia and as it moves fast wasn't expecting to see mercury last night,it was the near conjunction between Venus and Regulus I was after but there was mercury too low in the n.w..

Orion25 and Gabby76 like this.
  2. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Hey! If you find my 'Mercury' file from my Solar System files on my 'puter over in Yerevan - let me know, please? Seriously, it vanished off my hard-drive!

I have a back-up in my external-drive(s). But the original jumped ship in the last few days. :confused: Strange..... I'm not a Turk - so I doubt it's an Armenian-conspiracy and/or payback for 1915, but I am scratching my head.

Say 'Hi!' to Armenia for me! I'm enjoying your accounts here - Thank you!

Dave

3. kevan hubbard

I'm trying to think if I've seen mercury or Uranus more in my whole life time, the two most elusive naked eye planets.well technically naked eye but because it is in the residual sunlight I've been using a monocular to grab mercury I don't think that the naked eye would do it although I have seen it naked eye in the past.best not mention Turkey or Azerbaijan in Armenia. They have a whole museum devoted to the war with Armenia, with lots of interesting weapons like a whole buk missile like the one that got the Malaysia airlines flight over the Ukraine. The buks outside too big to fit in!hoping it's deactivated!after checking I wasn't a German they showed me a mock up of the red army taking Berlin in 1945!

4. kevan hubbard

That should be 'war with Azerbaijan'edit button gone funny.