Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Morning Debacle

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Pleiades, Jan 2, 2018.

Morning Debacle

Started by Pleiades on Jan 2, 2018 at 3:28 AM

4 Replies 655 Views 3 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Pleiades

Pleiades Well-Known Member

I haven't done any star gazing since Thanksgiving. This has been due to poor conditions and for the last two weeks a nasty flu virus. So, feeling better this morning at 3:45 AM, the dog ask out. .

I take this opportunity to get a glimpse of Mars & Jupiter It's 7° out, so I wouldn't be out long. Here I am gazing up and the dog thinks it's time to pull a fast trick. She jerks the leash, which causes the binocular strap to slide down around her neck. She then seems to believe its chasing her and she takes off running with my binocular case. Would you believe the caps stayed in the case!! Mizar was split and Mars and Jupiter were enjoyed. To much light from that super bright moon to see Jupiter's moons.

Time for coffee.

Nebula, Gabby76 and Dave In Vermont like this.
  2. Gabby76

Gabby76 Well-Known Member

Good to hear you managed some enjoyable views after the excitement!

3. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

My turn for this horrible flu. Unlike other flu I've had, this one also causes nausea. And the temperatures at night here reached -19°F, with the wind-chill, -45°F. No Thank You! Mercifully the clouds precluded most nights of late, too. So I wasn't too bad off in missing out.

I'm slowly mending, I think. But still don't do below-zero. I hate the hospital! :p

Dave

4. Pleiades

Pleiades Well-Known Member

Get better Dave!!

5. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

Thanks! I have - only to twist my ankle really bad the other day after finding a patch of black-ice in my neighbors' walkway!

Never a dull moment! This Winter is breaking all the records!