Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Nagler number 6 eye pieces.

Discussion in 'Telescopes and Mounts' started by kevan hubbard, Jan 8, 2019.

Nagler number 6 eye pieces.

Started by kevan hubbard on Jan 8, 2019 at 4:01 AM

2 Replies 69 Views 1 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. kevan hubbard

kevan hubbard Well-Known Member

I have decided to invest in a nagler no.6 eye piece mainly to get my curious 25mm pocket Borg refractor to work with a star diagonal.the scope has a focal length of 175mm which means plossil eye pieces won't focus with a star diagonal, although they will when using it as a direct through and through telescope but this makes looking high up a challenge,that or a very very high tripod. I had tried increasing the focal length using a Celestron stubby Barlow but it makes the who scope unstable,you have the scope itself,the Barlow,the star diagonal and the eye piece and it worried me that a part could fall out and break . it's reported that the pocket Borg can bear magnification up to 58x enough to show the cloud bands of Jupiter.

Gabby76 likes this.
  2. Gabby76

Gabby76 Well-Known Member

Which Nagler are you looking at?

3. kevan hubbard

kevan hubbard Well-Known Member

Due to the expensive price of the nagler I chickened out and decided to try a much cheaper Skywatcher planetry eyepiece 9mm.however I haven't been able to test it yet due to me and the eye piece being in one place and the telescope being in another although I should unite them on Sunday! I'm told that the Skywatcher planetry eyepieces have some kind of built in Barlow but I see no evidence of this and it is of a similar length to a normal plossil. I think that the box claimed that it's a super possil?not the end of the world if it doesn't work with the star diagonal in the pocket Borg as I can use it in my larger scopes or in the Borg without the diagonal for objects lower down.