Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Non-Astro Image Through a Scope

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Ed D, Jan 23, 2022.

Non-Astro Image Through a Scope

Started by Ed D on Jan 23, 2022 at 6:44 PM

1 Replies 252 Views 1 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

This is a stretch, but I thought you might enjoy seeing this picture. A couple of weeks ago two friends and I were target shooting. While we were shooting, a hawk decided to make a meal out of a snake, off to the side about 150 yards from the shooting line. We immediately called a cold line and rendered our rifles safe, the bolts removed from the actions. I wanted to see the hawk up close devouring its lunch, so decided to point my rifle scope at it. Seeing how beautiful this bird was, I decided to try taking a picture through the rifle scope using my flip-phone. I was amazed how well it came out, especially considering the crude way I took the picture. After about five minutes the hawk decided to fly off with what was left of the snake, and we resumed our target shooting. Hope you like it.

Ed D

Hawk 03.jpg

Orion25 likes this.
  2. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

I'm a nature photographer as well and love to catch hawks in action. I like the composition of this shot, as if you originally intended to shoot it this way :)

Ed D likes this.