Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Orion the Hunter

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Ed D, Feb 3, 2019.

Orion the Hunter

Started by Ed D on Feb 3, 2019 at 10:49 AM

0 Replies 476 Views 1 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

I'm getting back into photography with a passion. Combining it with astronomy makes it all the more interesting, and the digital technology is awesome, letting me do so much more than I could do in the film days.

I just bought a ZWO T2 to EOS Adapter from Agena Astro. It is a new model, redesigned to eliminate the shortcomings of the original. This one works like a charm. I was playing with my Canon lenses on the ASI290MC to test it. The sky was a mess, but I was determined to try my new toy out.

In the excitement I forgot which lens I was using when I got the shots of Orion's Belt and Sword, this with my ASI290MC. This is a single frame that I slightly tweaked the histogram curve. It is actually better than the 10 frame stack I made. I'm also posting a frame showing just how bad the clouds were, and how bad the light pollution is around here.

Ed D

Capture_0003.png
    Orion's Belt and Sword - Single frame.

Capture_0007.png
    This is the garbage I have to deal with down here most of the time.

Seer likes this.