Dismiss Notice
We were experiencing issues with a server migration and upgrade to the underlying platform. Everything should be up and running now, but if you notice any issues with the site please head over to Report and Issue Forums to let us know. If you are unable able to do so, free to email me directly atgeorge@astronomyconnect.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
-George

Orion's New Lanthanums

Discussion in 'Eyepieces, Barlows, and Filters' started by Zigarro, Apr 21, 2017.

Orion's New Lanthanums

Started by Zigarro on Apr 21, 2017 at 4:34 PM

4 Replies 137 Views 1 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Zigarro

Zigarro Well-Known Member

Just got the new Spring ed. of the Orion catalog and much is the same but they have added an ultra wide lanthanum eye piece to their line-up. These come in 1.25 & 2" and the F/Ls are; 20, 14, 9, 6, & 4mm. They have an 80 degree afov and 20mm E/R. They list for $270 ea, but they're pretty and I want!

Dave In Vermont likes this.
  2. Eduardo Costa

Eduardo Costa Active Member

There are many similar ones with the use of lanthanum, 80 degree AFOV, 20mm eye-relief, near focals lenghts, size of eyepieces accordling focal lenght and a possible retractable eyecup to stand eye-relief.
    These eyepieces reminded me Vixen SSW.
    Maybe same product, maybe like one.
    Anxiosly :) waiting for more details ...

Dave In Vermont and Zigarro like this.
  3. Zigarro

Zigarro Well-Known Member

For more detail, you probably should check Orion's web site~ I won't be able to afford one of these for a while yet and can't give any opinion on 'em. :(

4. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

I can't believe I've missed this thread here! Thanks Ziggy!

I'm very interested to see how they do. Reviews, anyone? I'd love to line these up with my favorite Vixens' LV-series.

Enjoy!

Dave

Zigarro likes this.
  5. Eduardo Costa

Eduardo Costa Active Member