Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Playing with QuickMap

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Avani Soares, Jan 9, 2019.

Playing with QuickMap

Started by Avani Soares on Jan 9, 2019 at 6:56 PM

1 Replies 250 Views 3 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Avani Soares

Avani Soares Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Long ago I did not use the LROC / QuickMap Query Tools tool, for those who do not know, this tool can be very useful for serious lunar surface research. With it, we can plot altimetric profiles (as I did when I verified the discovery of a ghost crater) and even make 3D projections from somewhere.
    QuickMap can be accessed at this link: https://quickmap.lroc.asu.edu
    For those who have not yet had the opportunity to meet you, I suggest you follow the link and make an incredible flight on the lunar surface that you will never forget.
    Using the Query Tools tool I have created 3D projections of the 4 craters of the title to give an idea of what can be done.
    Now it's up to you! Open the link, enjoy yourself, knowing a little more about our Moon.

Ed D, Orion25 and Gabby76 like this.
  2. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

Avani, your contributions are as informative as they are beautiful. Thank you.

Ed D