Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Pushing the envelope with my Svbony SV105

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Scopejunkie, Feb 1, 2020.

Pushing the envelope with my Svbony SV105

Started by Scopejunkie on Feb 1, 2020 at 11:31 PM

5 Replies 1597 Views 3 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Scopejunkie

Scopejunkie Well-Known Member

I missed the good seeing window but took some shots anyway. I finally caught the central rille in the Alpine Valley. I wish I had shot the Alpine Valley about a 1/2 hour earlier in dim twilight when the seeing was better. I also tried my hand at double stars. I was able to get the pup next to Sirius and the companion of Rigel. I need to work on making the star images better. Time for a more advanced camera? Had fun.

Attached Files:

Ed D, squeege3000 and tdsobservatory like this.
  2. Scopejunkie

And the learning continues... I'm still amazed at the power of image processing software. I have been going over my summer captures and when I look at the Sharpcap video images all I see is shimmering images in bad seeing. Yet the processing software has the ability to make what looks like a bad capture a good image. I know this is quite obvious and "old hat" to many, but this is all fairly new to me so please forgive my continuing amazement. What will get on a good night of seeing with this beginners camera?

The pics show three processing steps. With each processing step the image becomes better and better. Without a doubt I know that there are many other tweaks and tricks I need to learn. And the fun continues...

Looking forward to the planet the bonanza coming this summer/fall. :cool:

Attached Files:

Ed D likes this.
  3. Scopejunkie

Mo' stuff...

Attached Files:

Ed D likes this.
  4. Scopejunkie

My first Venus. It was hard to focus in bad seeing. Nothing to write home about but I had to try it. Looking forward to quarter and thinner phases. Less light and I can use the "horns" for better focus!

Attached Files:

squeege3000 likes this.
  5. squeege3000

squeege3000 Well-Known Member

Hey, good set of posts! Lunar and Saturn pics are great. I also have trouble with Venus, and can get the gibbous shape but no detail on planet. keep them coming!

Scopejunkie likes this.
  6. squeege3000

squeege3000 Well-Known Member

ScopeJunkie, You and I have nearly identical posts and trophy point counts!

Scopejunkie likes this.