Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Quick morning view

Discussion in 'Observing Celestial Objects' started by Pleiades, Oct 7, 2018.

Quick morning view

Started by Pleiades on Oct 7, 2018 at 3:01 AM

5 Replies 1195 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Pleiades

Pleiades Well-Known Member

4:30 am:
    This morning I was about my normal morning routine, and once again paused to enjoy a mourning sky. This time, After a quick visit to Taurus, I went strait to Cassiopeia. My all time favorite nebula pair would be the faint heart and soul. It's always a joy this pair, up year round i think, but I never seem to go there until the weather cools. I was married in the fall, and it is a special time of year for me. I love my wife of 28 years. Naturally it's on her that my thoughts drift when I see the H&S nebula pair. There are so many clusters of stars and such great color in this part of the sky.

2. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

Cassiopeia is near the zenith for me at the moment, especially around 03:00.

cass1.png

The whole area is great for low power, wide angle sweeps.

3. Pleiades

Pleiades Well-Known Member

There are so many trees around my house, setting up a scope takes planning and preparation. I have to set it up a good 100 meters away. Having s dobs this isn't that spontaneous. So my binoculars get a lot of use. Hoping for another good scope night soon. That will not be at 3AM.

4. Mak the Night

I'd need some form of mount and tripod for binoculars. A 2" 36mm Baader Aspheric giving 11.6x and just over six arc degrees TFOV on my ED72 is the nearest I can get lol.

5. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

You are so right, Mak. Some nights, that's all I do, just sweep the Milky Way with my reflector. Sometimes, planetary viewing gets a bit claustrophobic, lol.

6. Mak the Night

I did it Sunday morning for three hours. No real plan, just surf the cosmos at low power. I had great fun!

Pleiades and Orion25 like this.