Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Understanding Astronomy Threads

Discussion in 'General Astronomy Chat' started by AstronomyConnect, Sep 18, 2018.

Understanding Astronomy Threads

Started by AstronomyConnect on Sep 18, 2018 at 2:21 AM

2 Replies 3897 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. AstronomyConnect

AstronomyConnect Staff

A concise guide to understanding the many mechanical threads commonly encountered by amateur astronomers.

Whether dealing with telescopes, eyepieces, filters, or focusers, nearly every amateur astronomer is bound to come across a large and sometimes confusing array of machined threads. Sorting out which type of thread is which, and which component fits into another, can make it difficult to find and order the right parts and make sure they all fit together.

Click here to read the article.

astronomy-threads-explained_620x265.jpg

2. amery

amery New Member

I'm trying to connect a 1.25" Altair MG32 guider scope[1] with an illuminated crosshair from agena[2]. unfortunately, both have (natively) the same male thread, and the adapter that comes from the crosshair eyepiece is slightly too small to fit the scope.

I haven't found a female/female adapter anywhere do you know 3D models for the threads so I can print something?

[1] https://www.altairastro.com/MG32-Mini-Guide-Polar-Alignment-Scope-with-QRB-Camera.html
    [2] https://agenaastro.com/agena-1-25-wireless-illuminated-reticle-eyepiece-20mm.html

3. Mmac54

Mmac54 Active Member

This is a very interesting and useful thread.
    Thank you.

AstronomyConnect likes this.