How about a thread to share what you have done to your vintage telescopes. Things that might have been done as part of a restoration, or something that makes the scope more enjoyable to use. This might help give those new to vintage telescopes some ideas on what they can do with theirs. I'll start with the improvements I made to the wooden case for my Bushnell Sky Chief Jr a couple months ago. This scope was a Goodwill purchase and the Styrofoam inserts were missing from the case. This is how it looked when I got it. A previous owner had glued pieces of 2x4 in the case to secure the ota, and bolted a canvas belt in to secure the tripod. The eyepiece tray and a couple other parts just layed in the bottom. I used pictures from a post on CloudyNights.com to come up with plans for my case. And below are the results. I have refinished the tripod legs since these photo's were taken. I still need to find some matching blue paint to repaint the eyepiece tray and brackets.