Since the introduction of their innovative 2" to 1.25" Twist-Lock Eyepiece Adapter by Antares, astronomers have been clamoring for a 2" version of this best selling item. Well - it's finally here!
Forget about fumbling for thumbscrews in the dark. With this innovative 2" eyepiece adapter from Antares, just twist the lock ring and your 2" eyepiece, camera nosepiece, or laser collimator is centered precisely in your 2" focuser! Standard 2" adapters use a thumbscrew which pushes the inserted accessory to one side when tightened thus skewing collimation or optical performance; not so with this adapter.
• Helical centering and compression mechanism
• Knurled twist-lock ring
• Works with smooth and recessed eyepiece barrels
• Polypropylene compression ring will not mar your eyepieces
• All metal construction (except for the compression ring)
Use of this adapter adds 1.63" (41.5mm) of extension to your 2" focuser. The total minimum length of this adapter is 2.86" (72.7mm) and this will increase by 2-3mm depending on where the knurled ring comes to a stop when it clamps on to the inserted accessory. Weight = 4.7oz. Made in Canada.
• This adapter is not threaded to accept standard 2" astronomy filters
• When you first get the adapter, you may find that the inserted 2" eyepiece or accessory does not slide in fully and hits the upper edge of the compression band that may have compressed to an inner diameter of less than 2". This is easily remedied by unscrewing the upper knurled ring, removing the compression band, and stretching it a bit to increase its inner diameter.
Feb 4, 2016
Does the job without problemsPros:
Strong Construction,Accurate,Easy to UseCons: Comments:
I use these item as an adapter extension to reach back focus in my refractor with a D-SLR camera, helps centering the camera and the only action you do is a twist, a good advantage during night sessions, forget about those screws and knobs.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comMar 28, 2014
If you need an extention, this is it.Pros:
Easy to Use,Strong ConstructionCons: Comments:
With two different lengths, you can probably get the length that you need. I have both lengths and they work very well for my purposes. They are easy to use and solid.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by