VOTED A "HOT SKY PRODUCT - 2017" BY SKY&TELESCOPE MAGAZINE!
The new PowerTank Lithium keeps the charge going for the astronomer on the go. The Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Ion and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery.
- The battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Ion battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs.
- The batteries will last as long as the telescope you use it with!
- The LiFePO4 uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries.
- Can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-ion designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured.
This combined with it’s rugged design make it the perfect outdoor power supply.
Keep your telescopes, smartphones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras and other USB-powered devices as active as you are with PowerTank Lithium—the ideal outdoor portable-charging solution for your electronic gear.
- Battery Capacity: 86.4 Wh
- Charging Input: 16VDC @ 2000mA
- Charge Time (from flat): 3 hours
- Telescope Outpout: 12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip positive
- USB Charging Port 1 Output: 5VDC @ 1000mA
- USB Charging Port 2 Output: 5VDC @ 2100mA
- Light Panel: Red or White with two brightness settings for each color
- Weatherproof/Dustproof: IP-65 rating
- Telescope Power Cord : 6.5 feet (2 meters) with connector for Celestron telescopes
- Product Dimensions: 7.5” tall x 3” diameter
- Product Weight: 2.25 pounds
- Battery pack
- AC mains charger
- Power cord for Celestron telescopes
- Strap for attaching to tripod
- Strap for hanging
Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
Jan 26, 2018
Excellent!Pros: Cons: Comments:
With this power battery, you can manage your mount through the night, it comes with 2 USB ports wich can be use for phones, dew heater bans and more it comes with a red flash light ... I like it so much that I bought two! Recommend it... Pd it's very small, but make not mistakes about its size...
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comMay 13, 2017
Nice & light, some limitationsPros: Cons: Comments:
There's a lot to like, but a couple of things that are facepalm product decisions that make it less useful than it could be. But don't let that stop you from making a purchase if you like the fundamentals of the battery.
Pros: Really small and light. Can easily use it for a few hours of power and it weighs a couple of pounds. Can power everything at once (mount, compute stick, camera). Battery chemistry is a great choice and should last nearly forever without burning down the house or tricky charging requirements. I'm happy with the purchase even though it's expensive.
Cons: You can only use one kind of outlet at a time -- USB or the 12v. So I needed to invest in a separate splitter to power USB and mount in parallel. There is no adapter or cigarette lighter style outlet, so you need another adapter if you're not using any non-celestron mount. It's not hard to work around these issues, but they would expand the market reach for this product at minimal cost and for the price I was a bit disappointed.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comApr 30, 2017
Well thought outPros: Cons: Comments:
Well thought out, and amazingly high reserve of power. And the red light is more than bright enough to see what you're doing without ruining your night vision.Shipping was incredibly fast it came in about 3 days, sooner than the weekend.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.com
GSim58 New Member
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
Mar 28, 2017
- User Notes:
- Review by Gregory S.
Celestron PowerTank Lithium Iron Phosphate batteryPros: Cons: Comments:
This new version of Celestron's PowerTank battery is awesome! It weighs only a pound or so and attaches easily to any telescope tripod. In my case, using the supplied strap, I hang the battery snugly under the fork arm of my alt-az CPC telescope closest to the telescope's power input jack. That way, there is no dangling power cord to worry about or trip over. The PowerTank has ports for recharging smartphones or tablets, and low and high red and white lights. It's so nice not to have to lug around a heavy field battery anymore. I recommend the new Celestron PowerTank battery to all who use powered scopes!
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by