The GT 102 three-element super apo from William Optics offer superb quality for imaging and visual use at an affordable price.
The package includes:
- GT 102 three element design with FPL-53 and other ED element glass
- Tube mounting rings
- Retractable dew shield
- 2" DDG focuser design with 360-degree rotatable focuser
- 2 speed knobs 1:10
- Aperture: 102mm F6.9
- Free dovetail plate
- Weight: 11 lb; length: 27"
The stunning new William Optics GT 102 APO is the new jewel of the apochromatic refractor world. From the pristine white finish on the CNC to the elegant gold trim, this beauty has more than just good looks. The new GT 102 features a 3-element objective using high-quality FPL-53 glass and combined with other extra-low dispersion glass that reduces any secondary spectrum to an unbelievable degree.
- Three-elment air-spaced primary objective (FPL-53) in adjustable CNC machined ultra high precision lens cell.
- Extremely sharp with excellent color correction.
- Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
- This f/6.9 is geat for astrophotography.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, gold finish,
- Retractable dewshield and dewshield cap.
- 360-deg rotatable focuser with DDG (Digital Display Gauge).
- Top quality anodizing.
Attention to Details
- 2" & 1.25" adapter included in the price.
- Anti-marring brass compression rings.
- Mounting rings / dovetail are included.
- 2-year warranty from William Optics.
AstroGuy1 New Member
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
May 2, 2018
- User Notes:
- Review by t6
William Optics GT102 102mm f/6.9 Apo Refractor - 20th Anniversary EditPros: Cons: Comments:
Very nice scope, looks fantastic and works perfectly. The scope was delivered in a box with the case and scope inside. The case is a nice, well made, padded soft side case.
I did have an issue with the focuser, as several screws were very loose and one screw even fell out onto the table as I was removing the plastic bag from around the scope. In addition, the fine focus knob was dragging on the course focus knob causing a horrible grinding sound. The fixes for these issues were simple, but still not what one would expect from WO.
Once these minor issues were resolved the scope performed spectacularly. Crystal clear visual images.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comDec 29, 2016
WO GT102Pros: Cons: Comments:
This is my first 'serious' refractor and I decided on the WO after a lot of online research and questioning other users. This is a quality piece of glass - images are clear and sharp to the edge of the field, stars are pinpoints, and contrast is great. Star colors really pop. Stock focuser is well built and stable. Fit and finish is outstanding. My only real complaint is that the dovetail should have been longer and have a screw stop to prevent the OTA from accidentally slipping off the mount. I was able to rectify the issue by attaching a couple of 1.25" M6 screws on the bottom of the top ring. There are also no instructions with the unit - you can get most of the info on the WO website but you need to refer to the GFT102.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comAug 6, 2013
GT 102 exceeding expectationsPros:
Strong Construction,Quality LensesCons: Comments:
Sweet 3 element APO. Visibly sharper with no detectable CA in a comparison with a stellarvue ED two element. And this was confirmed by avid and experienced amateurs with very expensive glass preferences. No idea how she'll perform in an AP environment. Can push mag up to my limit of eyepieces (4mm) with no issues, truly limited by seeing and other conditions. For visible, I'm impressed and very happy with my purchase.
Added bonus is quality of fit and finish, return calls for questions by Agena and WO people, and personal pride in owning first high end optical instrument. Thank you all
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
Telescope Aperture 4.02" (102mm) Manufacturer William Optics Telescope Aperture 81mm - 125mm Telescope Series William Optics GT