Limited Edition BLUE GT81 - Only 20 sets offered worldwide. [Aug 1 Update] We just snagged the last 2 remaining pcs from WO. This is your final opportunity to get one of these beauties!
- GT81 Triplet Apo Refractor OTA
- Finder/Guiding rings
- 2" R&P focuser with 2 speed knobs (1:10) focuser and built-in temperature gauge
The stunning new William Optics Gran Turismo 81 Apo is the new jewel of the apochromatic refractor world. From the pristine white finish on the CNC tube to the elegant blue trim, this telescope has more than just good looks. The new GT81 features a 3-element objective using high-quality FPL-53 extra-low dispersion glass that reduces any secondary spectrum to an unbelievable degree.
- Triplet air-spaced objective (FPL-53) in adjustable CNC machined ultra high precision lens cell.
- Extremely sharp with excellent color correction.
- Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
- This f/5.9 lens is ideal for astrophotography.
2” R&P Focuser
- Extra-smooth 360 deg. rotatable 2" R&P focuser with 1:10 dual speed: a treat to use during astrophotography. No image shifting!
- Comes with two locking screws on angled positions for heavy load applications.
- Large aluminum knob with installed thermometer.
- Stainless steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back to allow heavy loading without problems.
- Graduated scale for precise camera alignment.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, blue trim finish, retractable dewshield, dewshield cap.
- Top quality anodizing.
- Very compact for carrying on flights.
Attention to Details
- 2" & 1.25" adapter included in the price.
- Anti-marring brass compression rings.
- Carry handle with V-shape night glowing illuminator.
- 2 Year warranty from William Optics.
Apr 29, 2013
Art and execution in one scopePros:
Beautiful,Quality Lenses,Great focuser,Strong ConstructionCons: Comments:
I use the scope mainly for astrophotography with an Atik 314L+ CCD. Using the supplied flattener I obtain sharp stars all the way to the edge. My guide scope is permanently attached to the guiding rings in the top handle, and serves as a finder for alignment. The focuser works great, and after some tweaking of the tension, I cannot notice any shift or backlash. It just works.
This scope is beautiful just to look at it, and its very strong, compared to my previous CF tube. It feels of a better build than the other scope.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comMar 22, 2013
William Optics GT81Pros:
Strong Construction,Easy to Use,Compact,Accurate,Quality LensesCons: Comments:
Wow..what a beautiful scope. It is built like a tank. The white and blue is gorgeous to just look at. It's like a work of art. The GT81 has FPL-53 glass and the optics are spectacular. No hint of CA and unfortunately I am very sensitive to CA. The star test was perfect. I don't see how it could get any better. Stars are perfect all the way to the edge. The DDG feature is cool to have so you can double check during imaging if the focuser moved. It seems very accurate so far. I did have a small issue with the focuser when I first got it. Agena's customer service was great to deal with. Williams Optics did a great job resolving the issue. Since then the focuser has been great. There are many 80mm APO's on the market. Some better than others and I would put the WO GT81 in the top tier group.
By the way - the included FF does a great job on my images. I know with other scopes you have to deal with trial and error to find one that works. In this case I was able to immediately start with something that worked. I do wish that it had a reducer though, but that is just me being picky and wanted everything.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Telescope Aperture||3.19" (81mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||81mm - 125mm|
|Telescope Series||William Optics GT|