Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

class="prefix prefixRoyalBlue">Product Announcement Second Generation Revolution Imager R2 Announced

Discussion in 'Vendor and Sale Announcements' started by Agena AstroProducts, May 14, 2016.

Second Generation Revolution Imager R2 Announced

Started by Agena AstroProducts on May 14, 2016 at 12:18 AM

2 Replies 1607 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Agena AstroProducts

Agena AstroProducts Vendor

R2_Kit_no_wires_1024x1024.jpg

Revolution Imager has announced the release of their second generation RI-R2 live-view camera system. This new Revolution Imager R2 System has an easier to operate menu, better contrast control, better gain control, and finer image processing on board. The R2 version does a maximum of 5.12 second exposure and now stacks up to 6 images instead of 5 in the first generation Revolution Imager.

We have a limited quantity of the new R2 available for pre-order at this link.

Thank you,
    Agena AstroProducts

2. Killercloud

Killercloud Member

I have had mine for two weeks but the weather will not cooperate. West Texas is having some unusual but well needed rain and cloud cover. Clouds are the astronomer's curse!:(:(:(

3. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

So the Weather-Gods don't seem to like these Revelation R2's, eh? That tells us astrophiles that it must be an excellent rig! Congratulations! Please do a follow-up on this cam.

I was looking at the description in the Agena missive above, and I was much intrigued. At the price, it's quite an impressive all-in-one outlay. It reminds me of a MallinCam - which I do have, a Jr. PRO model. Which more than suits my needs. As well as a StellaCam II, which the R2 is almost identical too, appearance-wise. But I'll be very interested to read of your findings with this. From your signature, it very much appears you know your way around these wonderful instruments. Eminently qualified.

C'mon you Gods - stop trying to be the dark & wet lords of weather!

Have fun -

Dave

Killercloud likes this.