Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

The Grossmugl Star Walk

Discussion in 'Star Parties, Clubs, and Outreach Events' started by BillP, Oct 19, 2016.

The Grossmugl Star Walk

Started by BillP on Oct 19, 2016 at 8:35 AM

1 Replies 1304 Views 1 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. BillP

BillP Well-Known Member

george likes this.
  2. george

george Developer

Wow that would be really cool if we had stuff like that here in the states. This is exactly up my alley and I could definitely see this being a huge attraction for non astronomers as well.

Now all there is too it is to find the proper places to put such walking tours in the USA :) I'm not particularly well versed in dark sites but I could totally see something like this in Joshua Tree National Park, as much of it is flat terrain. The only issue would be there is no cell phone connectivity so those QR code audio guides probably wouldn't work.

Maybe there could be an app that you could download that has the maps and audio stored for multiple locations this way you could download it before hand. They could set up the tour catering the information to the history of the region as well.