Antares 1.25" 3x Barlow Lens # B3S
This high performance Antares barlow # B3S triples the power of any inserted eyepiece. It features a fully-multicoated achromatic design, internal darkening and edge-blackened lenses. Suitable for high contrast, high power applications in any telescope, although it is best suited to Newtonian/Dobsonian reflector telescopes because of its rather long length. Not threaded to accept standard 1.25" astronomy filters. Made in Canada.
- Barrel size: 1.25" / 31.7mm
- Magnification factor: 3x
- Type: Achromatic
- Coatings: Fully multicoated
- Clear aperture = 1" / 25.3mm
- Weight: 3.2oz / 91g
- Total length: 4.48" / 113.9mm
- Length of lower chrome barrel: 1.55" / 39.4mm
- Length of upper black barrel: 2.94" / 74.6mm
- Filter threads: No
- End caps: Yes (2) but subject to change without notice
- Country: Made in Canada
Note that the use of any optical element like barlows and focal reducers changes the focus point of your telescope, requiring additional in-focus or out-focus travel. The exact amount of focus travel required will depend on the optics and mechanics of your specific set-up (telescope, diagonal (if used), barlow, and eyepiece). Hence, be aware that you may not be able to reach focus with all eyepieces or in all configurations with a given barlow.