- New model with gear drive for heavier lifting capacity (model FOC2GLP)
- Premium 2" Dual Speed Low Profile R&P Focuser for Newtonian/Dobsonian reflector telescopes
- Made by Long Perng (same product as Orion focuser), a leading manufacturer of premium telescopes and accessories
- 11:1 fine focus control for backlash free and image-shift free focusing
- Includes integral 2" extension tube for additional back-focus travel if required
- Features drawtube tension adjustment and focus lock screws
- Includes 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- Will fit 8" or larger tubes, as well as flat tube surfaces. Drop-in replacement for many Orion Newtonian and Dobsonian telescopes, including Intelliscope dobs (will not work with SkyQuest XT8 Classic Orion dob sold before 2007 unless you drill new holes, or some models of the XT10i). Please use the information below and in the photos to confirm whether this focuser will work with your telescope.
All measurements below are measured from the bottom end of the flat base plate. There will be an additional gap of 1-2mm between this base plate and the telescope tube which will depend on the diameter of your telescope tube.
For use with 2 eyepieces and accessories (without 1.25 adapter):
- Focuser travel range: Minimum Height = 1.89 (47.9mm) and Maximum Height = 4.54 (115.3mm)
- Minimum focuser height (with 2 extension tube collapsed) = 1.89" (47.9mm)
- Maximum focuser height (with 2 extension tube collapsed) = 2.85" (72.5mm)
- Minimum focuser height (with 2 extension tube fully extended) = 3.62" (92.0mm)
- Maximum focuser height (with 2 extension tube extended) = 4.54" (115.3mm)
For use with 1.25 eyepieces and accessories (with 1.25 adapter):
- Focuser travel range: Minimum Height = 1.98 (50.2mm) and Maximum Height = 4.63 (117.6mm)
- 1.25" low profile adapter only adds 2.3mm to the above 2" measurements
- Focuser includes a 1.25 collet that can be used for added extension. This can add up to 0.85 (21.7mm) to all the above 2 heights. However, it can skew the optical axis significantly and is not recommended for frequent or imaging use.
For use with any 1.25" or 2" eyepieces and accessories:
- Drawtube travel is 24.5mm (almost 1")
- Integral drawtube extension can be used to add 44mm (1.7") of additional back-focus travel, so total tube travel is 68mm (2.7")
- Mounting hole pattern is 54mm (2.125") along optical axis and 90mm (3.56") perpendicular to optical axis
- Focuser weight (without 1.25" adapter) = 1lb-13.0oz (822gm)
- Focuser weight (with 1.25" adapter) = 1lb-14.8oz (873gm)
- Focus knob diameter = 1.49" (38mm)
- Microfocus knob diameter = 1.10 (27.8mm)
- Maximum outer barrel diameter = 3.31" (84.0mm)
- Millimeter markings on focuser drawtube: No
- Rotatable: No
- Dust plug: One 1.25" dust plug included
Manufacturer part number: FOC2GLP
May 30, 2018
Quality Rack and PinionPros: Cons: Comments:
This is a great option for someone who needs to support some weight. The rack and pinion holds my dslr solidly in place and is smooth as silk with no wobble to backlash. The 11-1 makes focusing the camera a breeze. The only drawback is that the focus lock does shift focus slightly when tightened. But I’ve discoverrd that under full weight, it doesn’t move unlocked. The integrated 2” extension tube is a big plus and is needed to accommodate the short focus range that is inherent to a low profile focuser. I’ve been able to get everything to focus with and without Barlow’s. I’m considering getting another for my other Newtonian.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comNov 11, 2017
Great Focuser!Pros: Cons: Comments:
Excellent product, great value. Low profile allows for maximum 100% illuminated diameter with smaller secondary mirrors. Very smooth and solid movement, fine focus is precise. A huge step up from stock R&P focusers. 1.25" adapter collet works, but could be better.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comOct 4, 2016
Good feeling to focusPros:
No Projection into The Main Tube,Accurate,Good Feeling to Focus,Strong ConstructionCons:
The Second Draw Tube is UnstableComments:
I replace this with crayford focuser. Good feeling to focus and stable at heavy eyepieces. I hope no revolving second draw tube.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comJan 25, 2014
High quality at a fair price!!Pros:
Easy to Use,AccurateCons:
I purchased this for a custom scope I am building for a relative. He may use a camera with it so I was interested in the hybrid design. it is very smooth and well built. It is a little heavier than other premium crayfords. End result I am happy with the focuser.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
Manufacturer Antares Focuser Telescope Type Reflector