New version with longer threads
- 2" extension ring/barrel spacer
- Provides 0.25" (6.4mm) of spacing *
- Allows you to securely set or vary the spacing between 2" components
- Useful for making eyepieces parfocal or to change the reduction factor of focal reducers
- Has standard 2" filter threads (male on one side and female on the other)
- Precision machined from aluminum and black anodized
- Threaded to accept standard 2" astronomy filters
- Total Length = 0.39" (9.4mm)
- Extension Provided = 0.25" (6.4mm) *
- Length of External Male Thread = 0.12" (3mm)
- Thread Specification (External Thread) = M48x0.75 Male
- Length of Internal Female Thread = 0.20" (5mm)
- Thread Specification (Internal Thread) = M48x0.75 Female
- Maximum Outer Diameter = 2" (50.8mm)
- Weight = 0.2oz (6g)
* To get a spacing of 0.25" with this spacer, your accessory must fit completely into the female 1.25" thread of this adapter. The length of the female T thread is only 0.20". If your accessory has a male 2" thread longer than this, then it will not screw in fully and the extension provided will be greater than 0.25".
Feb 4, 2019
GREAT CAMERA TO COMA CORRECTOR ADAPTER RINGPros: Cons: Comments:
I PURCHASED AGENA'S 2" OUTSTANDING COMA CORRECTOR PRIMARILY FOR VISUAL VIEWING. I HAVE NOT GOTTEN BACK INTO ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY BUT ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS AND ACTUAL FITTING OF THIS RING TO THE COMA CORRECTOR, WITH A 'T' RING IT SHOULD BE A PERFECT FIT FOR YOUR CAMERA TO THE CC. BECAUSE I HAVE YET TO USE THE RING I CAN ONLY SAY THAT IT GETS 5 STARS BASED ON THE EXCELLENCE OF THE GSO COMA CORRECTOR THAT IT CAME WITH!
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comFeb 20, 2017
Spacer RingPros: Cons: Comments:
Nice spacer. Clean Threads. Nice and black. Used to place the two coma corrector at the right spot in the focuser on a Z10. From what my eyes can tell, seem like this is just the right length for 1.5" eyepieces ( the 2-1.5" adapter adds 10mm) and for 2" you need to use a parafoculizing ring or another roughly 10mm spacer.
High quality and works perfect.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comDec 24, 2016
Good parts...Excellent service!Pros: Cons: Comments:
The title sums it up. I have purchased several of the Blue Fireball products from Agena, and they are always of uniformly good quality. And Agena's service is always second to none. Fast shipping. Never disappointed.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comOct 9, 2015
Perfect for the GSO Comma CorrectorPros:
Strong Construction,Easy to Use,LightweightCons: Comments:
This spacer is perfect for setting my GSO Comma Corrector in the proper position in the focuser for my two F5 Newtonians.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comJun 27, 2015
Just buy itPros:
Lightweight,Easy to Use,Strong Construction,AccurateCons: Comments:
You got this far because you need a spacer this long. It threads easily and securely.
Like most threaded adapters, a little bit of wax burnished into the threads will minimize galling.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.com
Jesús Muñoz New Member
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
May 31, 2013
- User Notes:
- Review by Jose of Queretaro, Mexico.
I would buy this product againPros:
I use this spacer to get the right distance in my optical system an the telescope, it is fitting perfect and the stars are now nice round and clear on my images for my research.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comFeb 8, 2013
Strong Construction,Accurate,Lightweight,Compact,Easy to UseCons: Comments:
I screw this adapter into my 2" to 1-1/4" eyepiece adapter to get more distance from the 2" filter that screws into the spacer ring when inserting eyepieces. In my case some of my eyepieces were coming close or even touching the filter glass without the spacer ring. This adapter takes care of that problem.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comMay 31, 2011
Strong ConstructionCons: Comments:
We always see 14mm, 28mm FTR Rings and Baader Filter to change focal lenght at Hyperion Eyepieces. The height is the same as Baader Filter and can be used like one. It don't creates glow inside eyepiece and are strong enough like a original FTR.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by