The CGEM II 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope features Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coated optics and the newly redesigned CGEM II computerized equatorial mount. With the optical tube assembly of the CGEM II 1100 weighing only 27.5 lbs., this telescope is still portable enough to be taken to dark skies, and it has 89% more light gathering power than an 8" telescope and more than 40% more than the 9.25".
This telescope is especially at home as a solid platform for long exposure photography with optional CCD cameras or photographic equipment; it is a serious scientific research tool that comes with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings.
A fresh update to the venerable CGEM mount, the CGEM II has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 40 lbs. of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
CGEM II was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
The CGEM II series features Celestron’s innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM II sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM II will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects. Celestron's CGEM II mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
Optical Tube Info
- Optical Design Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture (mm) 279.4 mm (11 in)
- Focal Length 2800 mm (110 in)
- Focal Ratio 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm) 40 mm (1.57 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 70 x
- Finderscpoe 9x50
- Star Diagonal 1.25
- Optical Tube Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification 660 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification 40 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 0.5 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes) 0.42 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 1593 x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction 3.75 in (95 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter 34%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area 12%
- Optical Coatings StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length 24 in (610 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight 27.5 lbs. (12 kg)
- Dovetail Compatibility CGE Mount
- Mount Type German Equatorial Mount
- Tripod 2” Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section
- Dovetail Mount Directly connects to both CG-5 & CGE dovetail bars
- Payload Capacity 40 lbs.
- Latitude Range 15º – 70º
- Power Requirements 12 VDC, 3.2 amps
- Ports 1x Hand control port, 1x Auxiliary Port, 1x Auto guider port, 1 USB 2.0 port (on hand control)
- Motor Drive Low cog DC servo motors
- Slew Speeds 9 slew speeds
- Tracking Rates Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures AutoAlign, 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Computerized Hand Control Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection
- Database 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Mount Weight 40 lbs.
- Tripod Weight 20 lbs.
- Weight of Counterweight 3 x 11 lbs counterweight
- Total Weight of Mount Kit 77 lbs.
Manufacturer part number: 12012
Product carries a two year manufacturer warranty (US/Canada only).
|Telescope Aperture||11" (279.40mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||10.1in - 12in|
|Telescope Series||Celestron CGEM II|