The CGX 925 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope features Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coated optics and the all-new state of the art CGX computerized equatorial mount. The CGX 925 offers the middle ground for those looking to combine portability with high resolution. This telescope is especially at home as a solid platform for long exposure photography with optional CCD cameras or photographic equipment. With over 9 inches of aperture and our premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CGX 925 gives you over 1000 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye.
Celestron’s workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron’s engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the all-new CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
The new CGX was designed to better support your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging pursuits. Key design goals included a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and therefore more stable setup; a better drive system; remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors; easier polar alignment adjustments; and better cable management. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and transport. The CGX is our new Equatorial backbone to support a wide range of telescopes.
1. Optical Tube:
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture (mm): 234.95 mm (9.25 in)
- Focal Length: 2350 mm (93 in)
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 94x
- Finderscope: 6x30
- Star Diagonal: 1.25
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 555x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 34x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.4
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.59 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.49 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1127x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 3.35 in (85 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 36%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 13%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 22 in (559 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 20 lbs. (9.07 kg)
- Dovetail Compatibility: CGE Mount
- Mount: German Equatorial Mount
- Instrument load capacity: 55lbs
- Tripod height adjustment range: 47.25” to 77.5” including EQ headA
- Tripod leg diameter: 2"
- Latitude adjustment range: 3º-65º
- Tripod Weight: 19.2 lbs.
- EQ Head Weight: 44 lbs
- Max Slew Speed: 5º/second (4º/second is default)
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Number of Auxiliary ports (for hand control and accessories): 2
- Autoguide Port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes
- Software: New telescope control PC software
- Included Items: CGX Equatorial Head, CGX Tripod, Accessory Tray, One 17 lbs counterweight, NexStar+ Hand Control, DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)
Manufacturer part number: 12051
Product carries a two year manufacturer warranty (US/Canada only).
|Telescope Aperture||9.25" (235mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||8.1in - 10in|
|Telescope Series||Celestron CGX|