A fresh update to the venerable CGEM mount, the CGEM II has a contemporary, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 40 lbs. of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
CGEM II was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
The CGEM II series features Celestron’s innovative All-Star Polar alignment procedure. All-Star allows you to accurately polar align the mount using any star, even ig the celestial pole cannot be seen. Another great feature of the CGEM II sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM II will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects. Celestron's CGEM II mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced VX Series and CGX Series.
- Mount Type: German Equatorial Mount
- Tripod: 2” Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section
- Dovetail Mount: Directly connects to both CG-5 & CGE dovetail bars
- Payload Capacity: 40 lbs.
- Latitude Range: 15º – 70º
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC, 3.2 amps
- Ports: 1x Hand control port, 1x Auxiliary Port, 1x Auto guider port, 1 USB 2.0 port (on hand control)
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC servo motors
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: AutoAlign, 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Computerized Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Mount Weight: 40lbs.
- Tripod Weight: 20lbs.
- Weight of Counterweight: 17lbs.
- Total Weight of Mount Kit: 77lbs.
Manufacturer part number: 91523
Product carries a two year manufacturer warranty (US/Canada only)