VOTED A "HOT SKY PRODUCT - 2017" BY SKY&TELESCOPE MAGAZINE!
For eight years, Celestron's workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron's engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the all-new CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
The new CGX was designed to better support your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging pursuits. Key design goals included a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and therefore more stable setup; a better drive system; remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors; easier polar alignment adjustments; and better cable management. In addition to that, we've made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and transport. The CGX is our new Equatorial backbone to support a wide range of telescopes.
- Mount: German Equatorial
- Instrument load capacity: 55lbs
- Tripod height adjustment range: 47.25” to 77.5” including EQ head
- Tripod leg diameter: 2"
- Latitude adjustment range: 3º-65º
- Tripod Weight: 19.2 lbs
- EQ Head Weight: 44 lbs
- Max Slew Speed: 5º/second (4º/second is default)
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Number of Auxiliary ports (for hand control and accessories) 2
- Autoguide port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes
- Software: New telescope control PC software
- Included Items: CGX Equatorial Head, CGX Tripod Accessory, Tray, One 17 lbs counterweight, NexStar+ Hand Control, DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)
Manufacturer part number: 91530
Product carries a two year manufacturer warranty (US/Canada only)