The popularity of our previous short tube refractor models inspired us to go a step further with the introduction of our NexStar 102 SLT. You'll find that astronomical viewing is a delight with this large, powerful 4" telescope. The 102 SLT offers a 63% increase in image brightness over 80 mm models. This short-tube telescope with a fast f/5 optical system gives images that are bright and crisp.
And the 102 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects! With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 102 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology, and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes aligning a breeze.
Because of its wide 1.7 Â° field of view, the NexStar 102 SLT is optimal for scanning large areas of the sky and for superb terrestrial (land) viewing. A wonderful entry to mid-level astronomical scope, with the use of an optional erect image diagonal, the 102 SLT can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
NexStar 102SLT - General Features
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- High quality 102 mm short tube style refractor
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Good for terrestrial and celestial observing
- Includes CD-ROM The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
NexStar 102SLT - Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
Trev New Member
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
Oct 8, 2007
- User Notes:
Nexstar 102 SLTPros:
Good bang for the buck starter scopeCons:
Focuser should be replaced; Plastic lens cellComments:
The Celestron 102 SLT is a f/6.5 wide field scope that performs quite well for an achromat of this size. There is the usual false color on bright objects as expected but the views are still sharp with a good level of contrast. The telescope also has good image size for solar observation.
It will accept 1 1/4" and 2" eyepieces and the focuser is threaded for attaching a camera. The only two complaints with the scope are the cast rack and pinion focuser which has quite a bit of image shift and the plastic lens cell which is not adjustable.
This scope and mount package is ideal for the budding astronomer that is still finding his way around the sky or the novice that wants a quick "grab and go" telescope. The scope and supplied mount weigh about 15 lbs.Sort by
|Telescope Aperture||4.02" (102mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||81mm - 125mm|
|Telescope Series||Celestron NexStar SLT|