Celestron's signature telescopes reach a new level with NexStar Evolution 8, the first Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with integrated WiFi. Leave your hand control behind and slew to all the best celestial objects with a tap of your smartphone or tablet. Connect your device to NexStar Evolution's built-in wireless network, and explore the universe with the Celestron mobile app for iOS and Android.
Use the planetarium interface to view the night sky in real time or display a list of celestial objects currently visible based on your time and location. Our proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure is built right into the Celestron mobile app, so you're ready to observe within minutes.
The most user-friendly telescope ever
Celestron engineers designed NexStar Evolution based on years of customer feedback. It offers many thoughtful design features that combine to provide you the best possible experience out under the stars.
Forget about batteries or an external power supply. For the first time ever on a consumer telescope, NexStar Evolution includes its own built-in lithium-ion battery. You'll be able to enjoy stargazing marathons up to 10 hours on a single charge. You can even use NexStar Evolution's USB charge port to top off the other devices in your life that need to stay powered on during an observing session.
Setting up your NexStar Evolution is quick and painless with large, ergonomic handles. The steel tripod features leg etchings to help you achieve a level, uniform height for your telescope. Manual clutches in both altitude and azimuth offer greater flexibility to manually point the telescope when powered off. Store up to 7 eyepieces in 2 accessory trays, one with an adjustable red LED illuminator.
Superior tracking fit for astroimaging
If you're interested in astroimaging, the 8-inch NexStar Evolution is an excellent, affordable way to get started. It's the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers worm gears, along with improved motors. NexStar Evolution's tracking accuracy is so impressive, you can capture images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula by simply attaching your DSLR camera. As you progress in the hobby of astroimaging, you can add our Pro HD Wedge to achieve longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos.
Of course, the Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings—a great choice for visual observers and budding astroimagers alike.
NexStar Evolution includes a StarPointer finderscope, two 1.25" Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25" star diagonal, AC adapter, and optional hand control.
- Control your telescope wirelessly from your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free Celestron mobile app with planetarium interface and SkyAlign technology
- Compact, portable 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube with StarBright XLT optical coatings and Fastar compatibility
- Computerized GoTo mount with high-performance worm gears and motors for improved tracking accuracy, along with reduced gear backlash
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with enough power for 10 hours of continuous observing
- Improved industrial design with manual clutches and integrated carry handles, plus the added convenience of two accessory trays and a USB charge port for your smart device
|Telescope Aperture||8" (203.20mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||5in - 8in|
|Telescope Series||Celestron NexStar Evolution|