Capturing impressive deep-sky astroimages is easier than ever with Celestron’s new Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph, the perfect companion to today’s top DSLR or astronomical CCD cameras. This fast, wide-field f/2.2 system offers two huge advantages over traditional f/10 astroimaging: better apparent tracking and shorter exposures. That means you’ll create better-looking astroimages in a fraction of the time, even without the use of an autoguider.
The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph builds on the legacy of Celestron’s Schmidt Camera, which allowed astrophotographers to produce images on film in the 1970s.
Today, with CCD sensor sizes as large as film—or larger—the Schmidt Astrograph offers a 43.3mm optimized image circle to capture pinpoint stars on the largest imaging chips. (Note: We previously published 70mm which is actually the aperture of the last lens in the telescope. The optical design has not changed). Combine this large image circle with a focal length of just 620 mm and you have an instrument suitable for wide-field imaging, creating huge mosaics of the night sky, surveying, and even comet hunting.
The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph features newly designed optics with 4-element rare-earth glass for images free of false color and aberrations like coma and field curvature. The optical quality and spot size across the entire image circle is unprecedented for an astrograph in this price range—or even that of a much more expensive instrument. The design also provides minimal vignetting.
Advanced features like a custom engineered linear brass focuser bearing and FeatherTouch Micro Focus Knob allow you to make the fine adjustments you need to capture the perfect shot. Meanwhile, a12V MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal airflow through the dust filtered optical tube.
Engineered as a complete astroimaging system, every component of the Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph is optimized for peak performance with DSLR and astronomical CCD cameras. Down to the thickness of the glass used in the included fully-multicoated optical window or an optional imaging filter, every component of the system has been taken into careful consideration to work together seamlessly.
PAIRED WITH CELESTRON’S CGEM DX MOUNT
If you want to carry Celestron’s Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph, you’ll need the serious stability of CGEM DX. This heavy-duty mount offers all the great features of our classic CGEM mount, with additional payload capacity and the ability to slew up to 50 lbs. at speeds of up to 5 degrees per second. The CGEM DX also offers extra large, 3-inch tripod legs for rigidity. With all that support, you can make the most of your Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph for visual observing or astroimaging.
- Optical Design: Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt
- Aperture: 279 mm
- Focal Length: 620 mm
- Focal Ratio: 2.22
- Backfocus from front lens assembly: 72.80 mm
- Backfocus from included camera adapters: 55 mm
- Central obstruction diameter: 114mm
- Finderscope: Not included
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 0.5 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes) 0.41 arc seconds
- Optical Tube Length: 33 in
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 1588x
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 149 lbs
- Included items: 11-inch optical tube assembly, 42 mm T-thread camera adapter, 48 mm camera adapter
- Tripod: Adjustable, stainless steel
- Power requirements: Car battery adapter
- Mount weight: 41 lbs
- Tripod weight: 45 lbs
- Counterweights: 1 x 22 lbs
- Latitude Range: 15° to 70°
- Slew Speeds: 9
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, solar, and lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: AutoAlign, 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Warranty: 2-year telescope warranty
Manufacturer part number: 11006
Product carries a two year manufacturer warranty (US/Canada only)
|Telescope Aperture||11" (279.40mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||10.1in - 12in|
|Telescope Series||Celestron RASA|