- Nearly Three Times the Light Gathering Power of the SkyProdigy 90
- Fully Automatic Alignment Procedure
- Fully Computerized Altazimuth Mount
- Quick-Release Fork Arm Mount and Optical Tube for Easy, Quick No Tool Set Up
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray
- CD-ROM The SkyX First Light Edition Astronomy Software Which Provides Education About the Sky
- Battery Pack Providing Over 30 Hours of Power
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven Computer Control Technology
- Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects
- Proprietary StarSense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process With No User Intervention Required
- Flash Upgradeable Hand Control Software for Downloading Product Updates Over the Internet
THE SMARTEST TELESCOPE IN THE UNIVERSE!
A truly revolutionary product with ground breaking technology, SkyProdigy is the product of a culmination of decades of telescope advancements. It combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSense™ technology to create an automatic, instant alignment telescope that requires no input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It's that easy.
The SkyProdigy's automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, and you will be ready to select from thousands of objects in its database to view. Not quite sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
No knowledge of the night sky is required. One touch innovation turns anyone into an instant astronomer!
Celestron's SkyProdigy telescopes use an integrated imaging camera and patented StarSense Technology to automatically align with the night sky and determine where the telescope is currently pointing. The camera automatically captures an image of the sky, which is processed internally to positively identify stars in the image. Once a positive match is found, SkyProdigy determines the coordinates of the center of the captured image. The process is automatically repeated two additional times so that the system has three known alignment points that can be used to make an accurate model of the night sky. With this information, the user can select any celestial object in the hand controller's database, and SkyProdigy will automatically move itself to the correct position.
*The SkyProdigy's internal camera does not have an external output allowing users to view or savecaptured images. The captured images are used internally solely for the purpose of self-aligning the SkyProdigy telescope.
Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
|Telescope Aperture||5.98" (152mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||5in - 8in|
|Telescope Series||Celestron SkyProdigy|