The Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO produces a visual experience that is often compared to much larger aperture reflector telescopes. The contrast and resolving power can reveal stunning detail on planets and deep sky objects alike.
Explore ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor Highlights…
- The tube assembly of the ED127 Triplet is made of lightweight, yet strong carbon fiber
- This telescope has true APO, or apochromatic, optics
- Diffraction limited at .25PV or better
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter.
- While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. This means that while you can send your ED127 to the Explore factory for collimation, it is not required.
- The ED127 APO Triplet comes with a heavy-duty 2" dual-speed rotatable focuser, included 2 draw tube extensions.
- Included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings. A 1.25" compression ring adapter is part of this package.
- To attach your Explore Scientific ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- All Explore Scientific products come with a STAR Extended-Life-of-the-Product Warranty. Upon registration, this product will be under warranty for as long as it is manufactured, plus five years.
The Critical Element: Optics
Explore Scientific uses ED (Extra-low Dispersion) FCD1 (Dense Fluor Crown) glass developed and manufactured by Hoya Optical of Japan. Using the right glass with the appropriate properties enables the production of lenses that offer superior sharpness and color correction.
The optics used in Explore Scientific ED Air-Spaced Triplet refractors are truly diffraction-limited at .25PV or better. As a privilege of ownership, those who wish to obtain a copy of their interferometric data can request it up to 90 days after registration of their ED Triplet telescope by contacting the Explore Scientific Customer Service Department.
2" 99% Reflective Dielectric-Coated Diagonal
The purpose of a diagonal is to securely hold your eyepiece and to give you a comfortable viewing angle.
Provided as standard equipment, Explore Scientific's 2", 99% Reflective, Dielectric-Coated Diagonal incorporates a light-weight, one-piece diagonal body that securely cradles the precision polished diagonal flat mirror, insuring precision alignment.
Deluxe Two-Speed Focuser
On pristine nights of steady seeing, Saturn's Rings can forever affect the hearts and minds of almost anyone who lays eyes on them. It's nights like these that astronomers like to set up their refractors and push the magnification to the limits, not only to see the magnificence of the planet at greater scale but to really test the optical and mechanical quality of the telescope.
Many telescopes are only supplied with a standard single-speed focuser, you will find that a tiny nudge will throw out focus and turn your night into one of frustration.
So we included as standard equipment, on all Explore Scientific ED Series, a two-speed precision focuser with tension adjustment and lock to obtain and hold perfect focus. We think you'll agree that such precision is worth it.
EMD (Enhanced Multi-layer Deposition) Coatings eliminates light scatter and maintains high image contrast. This proprietary coating is applied to all Explore Scientific lenses in multiple layers for added durability.
Explore STAR Warranty
We are always striving to improve the quality of Explore Scientific eyepieces and to enhance your experience as a user of our products. This is why we created the Explore STAR Transferrable Extended Life-of-the Product Warranty Program.
For as long as Explore Scientific manufactures a product it is under warranty, no matter how many times it is sold or traded to another individual. And when we stop manufacturing a given model (referred to as the end of the Life of the Product), we will extend the warranty automatically for another five years.
- 127mm f/7.5 Carbon Fiber Optical Tube with Dual Speed Focuser, Vixen-Style Mounting Rail, and Finder Mounting Shoe
- 2" 99% Diagonal
- Hard Carry Case
sdtopensied New Member
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
- Over a Year
Sep 13, 20151 out of 1 people found this review useful
- User Notes:
Good Scope, Good Price, Good ServicePros:
Lightweight (16 pounds with rings, diagonal, finder scope, ES 25mm 68 Degree Eyepiece)
Carry Handle on the scope rings
Case is sufficient to store as well as protect the scope from moderate bumps and scrapes.
Latches on the rings are much easier to deal with than the old thumb screws in cold weather.
The rack and pinion mechanism on the focuser is smooth and solid and holds my DSLR at zenith with no issues.
My current iteration of the ED127CF is the result of sending my previous generation ED127 Carbon Fiber back to ES for service. Rather than make me wait through the troubleshooting process, ES elected to replace the scope altogether. The replacement was the current generation scope with the sliding dew shield. My original scope had the removable dew shield. I had a love-hate relationship with the objective cover and the dew shield on my old scope. Love the sliding dew shield on the new one.
The optics are excellent, as expected. My particular scope produced diffraction rings on both sides of focus. My previous ED127CF did as well. The included accessories are top notch. After using the old screw on objective cover, I appreciate the aluminum push-on objective cover much more.
Explore Scientific Customer Service is very accommodating, often to what I perceive to be their detriment. I use my scopes for outreach, and I very much like being able to send my scope in for cleaning and collimation every so often to get the pollen, dust, and dirt handled. It comes back to me looking like new, even down to the paper wrapping and packaging.
|Telescope Aperture||5" (127mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||5in - 8in|
|Telescope Series||Exp Scientific ED Triplet|